Chapter Eleven.

Song: The Girl Is Mine- Michael Jackson ft. Paul McCartney 

Luke finally told her. Not the whole truth, but at least she knows he is for real now. One day, he will tell her he is in love with her, and at that moment, everything will be perfect, but even if he just told her he liked her, it still felt perfect. The words he said felt perfect then. 

Luke used to think love was pointless-- especially after Rebecca-- but then Jaylee came into his life, and love slowly started to have meaning again. He would have never told a girl he liked her, but if it was Jaylee, everything was worth it. He really did love her, and even if she didn't know that yet, knowing that she was his was enough for him. Luke thought Jaylee deserved all of the love in the world, and he wanted to be the one to give it to her. He loved Jaylee, and he wasn't afraid to admit it. 

After he told Jaylee he liked her, and she said she liked him too, they went inside the house. Jaylee went back to Bethany's room, and Luke went to his. He couldn't sleep, for his mind was racing with everything that had happened. The smile wouldn't disappear from his face. 

Luke glanced at his clock, and it blinked three a.m. He was lying in bed, scrolling through his phone, when a soft knock rapped on his door. He walked to the door and opened it. Jaylee stood in front of him. She looked tired, yet in his eyes, she was still beautiful. Jaylee had a natural beauty not many people possessed. 

"Can I sleep with you? Like, just sleep." Jaylee mumbled, her cheeks blushing. Luke chuckled softly and grabbed her hand, pulling her towards his bed. He laid down, pulling her down with him. Jaylee wrapped her arms around his waist and snuggled into his chest. Luke wrapped his arm around her shoulder, kissing her forehead. Luke had a lot of thoughts running through his mind then. He liked her (which was really love, but he didn't want to tell her just yet), and she liked him, so he figured, why not take the leap and ask her? He wondered if she could feel his heart beating, because there was no doubt in his mind it was racing. 

"Jaylee?" He whispered, and she glanced up at him, her eyes tired. 

"Yeah?" 

Luke let out a deep breath and glanced at her with curious eyes. "Will you be my girlfriend?" 

A smile spread across Jaylee's face, and Luke smiled too. Just seeing her smile made everything seem perfect to him. Her smile lit up the whole room. Jaylee was ecstatic. She felt like her life was finally falling into place. She couldn't believe he had finally asked her. 

"Yes!" She squealed, leaning up to kiss him. Every time they kissed, they both felt sparks, as cheesy as it sounds. They pulled away, and Jaylee snuggled into his chest. She was Luke's girlfriend. She actually meant something to him. She fell asleep within minutes, a faint smile on her lips, and the last thing she thought before she fell asleep was, 

I got the boy. 

*** 

The next morning she woke up, Luke was still asleep. She smiled and closed her eyes again, laying her head on his chest. Luke fidgeted underneath her, and then he kissed her forehead, lazily smiling at her. 

"Morning, beautiful." He whispered, his voice raspy, and Jaylee's face instantly heated up. She thought it was funny how nice he could be when he wasn't trying to hurt her. It was as if he had a heart of gold. 

Which was something else she remembered. 

What if he asked her out to break her heart like he had said? The game was still on-- trying to see who could break the other's heart first-- but she didn't want to play the game anymore. Jaylee would never dream of breaking his heart. She liked him too much to do that. She liked him too much to even care about the stupid game. She tried to push the thought to the back of her head. Surely, he wouldn't hurt her, right? He told her he liked her. That had to stand for something.