Chapter 9- Wanting the Truth

Eli's P.O.V-

She just runs out the door saying she has to get out of there. What the hell? I kiss her, and what a kiss that was she hesitant at first, but then when she kissed me back it was like fireworks were going off. I mean her lips were so soft yet firm against mine and then that mixed with her body pressed against me I was losing control. Then all of a sudden she just pulls away runs out the door. I am frozen in my spot for a moment until I realize she really just left, and run after her. By the time I get outside I see her little green bug fly down the road and I feel defeated and so confused. I mean she kept saying this wasn't a date, and that she was just there to help out Sam and Evan. I thought we were on a date, I thought she liked me.

Walking back into the club I see Evan and Sam at the bar drinking. I walk up to them and turn to Sam, "Hey Emry just ran out of here, and I don't know why or where she went." Shock ran over her face, "What? Why? What happened?" "Well we were talking about the photos in my office, and my family and she seemed to be having a good time. Then I asked her about her family and what they were like and she just like shut down saying she didn't want to talk about it." Sam rolls her eyes, and then hits me in the chest, "Ow that hurt!" "Well you idiot, Em, hates talking about her family. Don't ask me why that is for her to talk about not me, but I will say she does not open up to anyone. I mean it took her years to tell me about her family. I might be able to get her to talk to you. At least you didn't try to kiss her." I look down, "Well.... I sort of told her she was beautiful and I had been thinking about her all night and day, and had been wanting to kiss her all night long then kissed her. But she kissed back, and then ran off all of a sudden." "Oh you dumb ass!!" Sam yelling was scary I felt bad for Evan if they did end up dating long term. "She is so insecure, and you kissing her probably truly scared the crap out of her." Sam pulled me off to the side and into my office with Evan on her tail.

"Okay listen to me carefully Eli, Emry is my best friend. No she is my sister from another mister, and I love her to death, but she is messed up in the head. And no I don't mean like loony crazy or anything, but she is very pessimistic, and always puts herself down." Well this was starting to make more sense as Sam kept talking, "I can tell you like her, but you need to give her some space, and I will try talking to her. All I ask is you don't give up on her, because my best friend needs love, and I think you might be the one who can give her that."

Smiling I feel determined, "I am not giving up on her. One thing you don't know about me Sam is I am one stubborn Ass hole who always gets what he wants. And I want Emry." Evan was laughing, "Yeah Sam, this guy here is a stubborn jack ass, if he says he isn't going to give up on Em he won't." "Good now here is something you are going to need to know next Friday we are moving her into my apartment, and we could always use some help moving. So boys, want help us ladies out next Friday?" Before Evan can say anything, "Of course we will be there."

I am one way or another going to get Emry Ash to open up to me, and I will date her because I can feel like she is meant to be in my life.

Author's note-

I know this was a shorter chapter, but don't worry I will make some better chapters coming up I promise!! The next one might be a little short too just a filler chapter so just bare with me here. Thank you!!