Chapter 3- Seeing the Girl

Eli's POV-

It was just another normal day at work when one of my employee's decided to quit on me, because she decided to move out of the state. I didn't really mind so much because I love working behind the bar as much as I love running this business. Working behind the bar was normal, you know fast paced, loud, girls flirting shamelessly with all the guy bartenders. I started pouring shots for a bachelorette party when one of my bar-back's bumped into me and ended up spilling the shots all over myself and the bar top. I try not getting angry, but the bar is a madhouse tonight, "God Dammit Jack, watch where you are going!" "Sorry boss, I didn't mean to hit ya there." Sighing "I understand Jack, just try and be careful next time please?" "You got it!"

Shaking my head, and wiping up the mess my best friend and business partner, Evan starts smiling stupidly over his shoulder. I can't quite tell what or who he is staring at, but my best guess would be another girl that he wants to bed after his shift tonight. This boy no matter how close we are is stupid, because all he wants in life is to be his playboy self for the rest of his life. I still don't understand why, but if I was a betting man it would be because his last girlfriend cheated on him with his brother. After re-making those shots I pass them to the maid of honor; who is trying to flirt with me. However I am not feeling it anymore, I do not want superficial girls anymore. I want a girl who is worth my time, who I can fall in love with, a girl who is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.

I look over again to my left and see Evan still grinning like an idiot. Finally I hit on the back of the head to get his attention; looking over he glares at me. "What the fuck was that for Eli?" "Just trying to get your attention back from whatever it is you're lost in looking at. By the way what is it that you have been staring at for the past ten minutes?" Smirking he looks over his shoulder again, "That hot piece of ass over there at the end of the bar. The one with the wavy hair pulled back." Looking over I see who he is talking about, she does look cute, with her dark complexion, brown eyes, and short wavy hair. However it is when I look to the right of her I see a beautiful woman sitting next to her. She has the most beautiful blue eyes, and pale complexion. And not to forget her long straight black hair with what seems like blond hair underneath. She reminds me of porcelain doll but with a hard edge. I cannot seem to look away from her, her eyes keep drawing me in. It's like I can see where the sparkle and joy could be in them, but right now they are dull and lifeless. Like her life wasn't or isn't easy, or that she has been through something. I can't put my finger on it, but it is like in my soul I know I need to meet her, know her, hell maybe even love her!

I see Evan starting to walk over there, but push him aside and walk toward her, and her friend; ignoring Evan calling me a jack ass. Walking over I see her talking to her friend, and looking down, but as I approach she looks up at and looks like a deer caught in headlights sort of. I smile at her and don't even really see her friend there as I approach them, " Hello ladies, how are we this evening?" Her friend responds while she keeps staring at me, "Hi there, we are doing just fine, can I get a dirty martini please?" "Sure thing, and what can I get you miss?" I ask while looking over at her, before I can hear her response her friend butts in." "Oh this is Emry Ash and I'm Sam, and you are?" Before responding to Sam I look at Emry for a minute longer then look at both of them. "Hello Sam, Emry. I'm Eli, Eli Black." I hear what I say in my head and think, that I am such an idiot, I sounded like a douche. Emry keep's looking at me and finally I get to hear her amazing voice as she orders. "Can I get a rum and coke please?" "Sure, let me get right on those drinks ladies" I walk away in a daze as I am stunned how she did not order a girly drink, rather she ordered a real drink. That impressed me a lot. Before I am too far away I can hear her friend Sam telling her that she needs to flirt with me, and I am too far away before I can hear response. However I do hope she follows Sam's suggestion of flirting with me, because I would love to flirt back with her.

As I making the drinks for Emry and Sam, Evan walks over and asks about Sam. "Dude did you flirt with her? Because I so called dibs on that!" I just look at him, "Really dude? She's a woman not a piece of pie. And no I don't like her, I actually like her friend Emry." "Wait you know her name? And what the thicker chick sitting next to her?" I was getting pissed off at him for degrading her because she was bigger, that just pisses me off! "Hey, dude shut up, she is beautiful! And yes if you must know I did get her name. "Backing up Evan raised his hand in defense, "Whoa calm down dude I'm sorry, I can see you really like her. Go for it dude. And tell me what is her name?" "Yes I do like her, I feel drawn to her, and Emry's friend's name is Sam." "Thanks dude. Maybe you could get them to go out with us?" Nodding "I'll see what I can do." I walk back over to the girls and I can't take my eyes off of Emry.

Author's Note-

Well it seems as though Eli feels something already for Emry. How do you think she is going to react to him asking her out? I don't know let's see what happens. As for updating I plan to update one more chapter maybe two tonight if I feel the words just wanting to pour out of me! Please share, like, comment, and read this Thank you!!!