"Wow, that must've been some dream."

"It was. The way your lips felt against mine, the way the bumps connected against the tendrils of mine. The pressure you used and the way your hands felt. The clamminess, and the way the sunset pictured the way we were feeling. Well, what I was feeling. I don't know about you. But in the dream, we'd only kissed twice. Once on the bridge and the other in the office of an arcade you opened in memory of your brother. But, when you showed me the arcade, we fought. We had disagreements over the way you had plastered your memories of your brother around the place. Therefore, our first ever proper meeting was ruined. We then had a make-out session in the back of the arcade, but that was the end of the kissing. Then I got kidnapped by someone claiming to be your brother, and you also got put in a ditch with your car when I called you about coming to get me because someone was following me. Turned out it was him."

"How did we meet?"

"Beth's cafe. Where we supposedly met in real life. Which, I don't even know about."

"It was a random day. The day we met. We, well I, both entered the cafe at the same time. We then both went to sit down at the same table, on the same side. Before I was a gentleman and gave it to you. We both then ordered, even though we were two completely different people, thus, beginning a conversation. You ordered a caramel latte with added swirly cream and chocolate sprinkles - which Beth already knew and I my usual of black."

"Why did you stay at the cafe? You could've gone home or to your business but you decided to stay with me, why?"

"I was intrigued by you. You had this distant look upon your face and I was troubled as to why it was upon that beautiful frame." When he said this, I blushed beetroot. "You never did tell me,, you only looked at me, pissed. I think you thought I was the devil reincarnated or something. I don't know. After I left, I was pained by that look that you were given off. It was haunting me whenever I went off into a daydream."

"If we were friends, why can't I remember anything? I remember things from my childhood and growing up with Beth and Leon, and I remember Leon's stupid reason why he won't go into hospitals. I remember Blake and Naomi being annoying twits when I was younger, all because they were the oldest. I remember that I was picked on from Alissa - here in Noli and from everyone back in London - teachers included. But, I don't remember Blake's children, nor do I remember Naomi's children. I can barely remember my parents. Even though I was with them for nearly 24 years."

"Niamh, that's the effects of amnesia. It affects your brain in so many ways. What you're experiencing is fine. You're having mind blanks as to what everyone looked like and who is who. It's normal for that happen. Look, can I treat you to some dinner?"

"Miguel I'm not even dressed for dinner?"

"Who said it was some fancy restaurant? I'm in the mood for McDonald's. I'm craving a big fat juicy burger," he moaned at the sight.

"Fine," I said looking down at my jeans. "We'll get that burger. But you're buying."

"Deal."

We walked along the bridge to the end of the road. The thing I liked about Noli was that everything was connecting in some way or another. You didn't have to use your car to every given point in the town. Which meant that you could go to McDonald's and then to the gym within two seconds. It was the small. But, it was better than most of the places and islands around.

We made small talk on the way to the restaurant. And I was quite looking forward to it but I was petrified around strangers. As when you're fat and you're out eating a burger or something fattening, people look at you as if you're stupid and like you should be eating salads.