Chapter 26

I slowly open the door, peaking my head through the door. The wall across from me was solid, no doors, no windows. The hall was dimly lit. Looking to my left, I saw another door, about 12 feet down, another 12 feet more from that, four in all. Looking to the right, I see 6 more doors lining the right side of the hall, and then a door at the end of the hall at the top of a flight of stairs. I wonder if this is the basement?

I look back at Wendy. She's standing a few feet behind me. "You said that the guy that came in with me is in the cell next to us, right?"

"Yes."

"Uh huh." I keep an eye on the door at the end of hall. "Can you pick locks?"

"Yes"

"Can you fight?" I glance at her metal leg.

"Yes. The leg is attached at the nerves. It's more of a help than anything."

"Alright then." I reach down to my right boot and pull out the small razor blade. I've welded a metal grip handle on to the end of the blade. It's smaller than a toothpick pocket knife and I've never had to use it, but it fits in almost every shoe I own, so I keep it with me.
I hold it out to her. "Take this."

"Why?"

"Because you're my lookout. C'mon."

I step out quietly and Wendy follows, shutting the door to our cell quietly. She looks towards the end of the hall, keeping a close eye and ear on all the doors. I approach cell no. 7 and using the paper clip, I hear a quiet click come from the door, and slowly open it.

I see En chained to the wall, bloody and bruised, looking down "Oh back for more are you. Just let me out of these chains and I'll- Oh thank God its you Alaina."

"En...." I don't give a rat's ass if he is my brother. He's dead. I swear to God he better not have put his hands on my man. I walk over to En quietly and pick the lock on the chain. As I support En slightly, I hear a faint scuffle come from the hall. Fuck. I lean En agains the wall and quickly make my way into the all to where I see Wendy trying to kick Kelly's ass. How in the hell did she...?

"WENDY!" I whisper-shouted. She stopped and Kelly took a deep breath. "She's a friend. Kelly, Wendy. Wendy, Kelly. How did you-"

"Takuto. He used his computer and made the house go haywire. I don't know the details but here I am."

"Ok. Go get En." I motion back into the cell.

She nods once, and walks past Wendy gingerly.

I motion to Wendy to give me the blade. She hands it over and I give her the paperclip.

"Go get your dad."

She nods and flashes a grateful smile, heading to the final cell. Kelly comes out, slightly supporting En with one arm.

"Where's Miss Cut-a-lot?"

"Who?" En looks between us, eyebrows arched slightly.

"Wendy [insert last name], you'll meet her in a moment. And Kelly, I gave her the blade, and told her that she's the lookout. And she's getting her dad."

"Oh." They both say simultaneously.

After a few minutes, she comes out with an older man, slightly greyed around the temples and with blue eyes that match hers. He looks pretty beat-up.

They slowly come over, and Wendy nods once to me. I take the paper clip and hand her the blade.

"Kelly, you've got your-"

"Gun. Yes, yes I do. And I have a lock pick. Can you stand?"

"Yes. I'm fine." She let's go of En and approaches the door to the right of the cell I was in.