Chapter 20

When Kelly opens the door to let us in, the room goes dead silent. They're all staring at me and Riki's mouth falls open. I glance at Blondie, worried. She just smiles back.

Riki walks over to us, taking off his jacket and then covering me with it. "What happen to E for Everyone Samantha?" He's staring at her, not looking thrilled.

"*giggle* This is E for Everyone Riki. Alaina just looks that good when she decides to wear something figure flattering." Blondie patted him on his shoulder lightly. He just huffed and still blocked me from view. How adorable.

"Riki." I say softly and put my hand on his bicep and squeeze. "I'm fine. I doubt that they are going to do anything worse than annoy the hell out of you so calm down."

"Okay lovebirds, we've got to get her in there soon so come on and load-up. Their maids work at night and the new recruit starts tonight. We've got you set up and you need to be there by 9 and it's 8. Let's go." Kelly, Takuto and En heads towards the door. I give Riki a light peck on the cheek and follow them. He starts out behind me and Kelly gives me a look, the make-him-stay look.

"Riki, hon, stay here."

"But-"

"No buts. I'll be back soon. Love you." I stand on my tip-toes and give him a light kiss. I then turn and walk down the hall, following the trio. He actually doesn't follow. I'm shocked. I'm glad he has enough faith in me doing this though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a 45 minute drive, we arrive at the masion. You can tell it's old even if it's very well kept. It has that classic white paint and is two storied.

"Wow. Not bad. You can tell it's old, but compared to what it could be, it's very nice." I say looking down the path towards the place.

"Quit admiring the architecture and get up there." I hear Takuto say gruffly through the small earpiece I'm wearing.

"Hey. I got 15 minutes. Slow your roll." I head down the path nevertheless and cut around the side, to the service entrance.

I take a deep breath and plaster on a small, fake smile. A smile that makes me look like a woman a bit skittish on her first day of a new job. I knock lightly and precisely three times.

The door opens and I see a woman, maybe late-40s, early-50s looking at me. She a dull blue-grey eyes and snow white hair. Her eyes narrow and she drawls out in a deep southern accent (like backwoods Tennessee deep),"Who are you and what do you want?"

"Leona Sanders originally from Tennessee. Widowed wife of Timothy Sanders due to stage 4 lung cancer 5 years ago. She's 49 and is the head maid for James McKinley, owner of McKinley Enterprises, a big stock company. He also has connections to The Dixie Mafia and to black market auctions in Japan as well as other countries." Takuto quickly recites into my earpiece.

"Um...Mrs. Sanders, right? I-I-I'm the newly hired maid. Jude Smith." I stutter out timidly to go with the smile and extend my hand, eyes wide and innocent looking.

She looks me up and down and then smiles gently, apparently approving. "Oh Hon. S'alright. You got here with 10 minutes to spare. That's'a good thang. Most new 'cruits get here a few minutes late. First time I ever had'un show up early. C'on in." She turns and heads inside, motioning me to follow into what looks like a large kitchen.

I smile back, still timid looking, and follow her in, as I here Takuto and En snicker in my ear at my act.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quick history lesson-
The Dixie Mafia was actually a real thing. Look it up. There are still some parts of the country to where it still exists I do believe.

~Libra