♚ C H A P T E R • O N E ♚

Start from the beginning

Aura nodded, but not before stealing a final glance at Casey.

"Well I'll see yous after rehearsal," Bailey said, giving each a small hug before walking back up the aisle toward the sound booth.

"Alright, that's it for today everyone. Good work, I will see you all tomorrow," their director said as she closed her binder.

Actors immediately grabbed their scripts and water bottles as they hurried out of the auditorium.

A boy with messy brown hair, a soft triangular jawline, and a bright smile casually walked down the aisle to meet Aura where she was sitting on the edge of the stage, his jazz shoes lazily hanging from his fingers.

"Hey, I just wanted to say that you did really good today." Butterflies took flight in Aura's stomach when he flashed her a smile.

"Oh," Aura began, sliding off the stage to stand in front of him. "Thanks, Jake."

Out of all of her castmates during her two weeks of filling in the role of Anastasia, Jake Lawrence, who was cast as Dimitri, the male lead, had consistently been the most welcoming and helpful. From inviting Aura over to sit with the other leads during their breaks to going over more complicated blocking, Jake was considerate of her. He always had a reassuring smile that calmed any nerves in Aura's system.

Jake overdramatically looked around them before lowering his voice, "Don't tell Casey, but I'm glad you were her understudy— you've been making rehearsal a lot more enjoyable."

Aura covered her mouth to muffle a giggle.

"Aura you better hurry before we leave without you!"

She looked around the boy's tall frame to see her sister and Bailey standing at the back of the auditorium.

Aura blushed sheepishly, her eyes meeting Jake's sea green ones. "I'd better run."

"I'll see you around?"

Aura nodded before grabbing her bag and meeting her sister at the top of the aisle.

A smug smile lined Carolyn's face as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Don't even start," Aura said as they walked to the student parking lot.

"I wasn't gonna!" Carolyn said defensively, raising her arms up.

As they got into Bailey's car, Bailey looked at Aura through the rear-view mirror and smirked. "So... how's your love story going? Did he propose yet?"

Aura groaned as she slinked down into her seat, her cheeks reddening.

"You and Bailes got to do the same thing to me when Eli and I first started talking, it's only fair that we get to torment you!" Carolyn joked as she turned in her seat to look back at her sister.

Aura crossed her arms and stuck out her tongue but couldn't hide the smile forming on her lips.

"Is he gonna be your birthday wish?" Bailey asked with a wink.

Hello lovelies!We hoped you enjoyed this first chapter and we will catch you in the next one!(Okay but, for real, Aura is literally Melody when she's around her crush)

Hello lovelies!
We hoped you enjoyed this first chapter and we will catch you in the next one!
(Okay but, for real, Aura is literally Melody when she's around her crush)

QOTD: What is your favorite musical?

♡ Melody & Rebekah ♡