Chapter 10

A/N this chapter is long.
Enjoy:)
---
I woke up to my phone ringing. I grab it and answer without looking at the caller ID.
"Hello?" I mumble half awake.
"Lacey? Hey girl it's Layla!" I heard a perky voice.
"Huh?" I ask since I wasn't really listening.
"Layla. Andrea's mom?" She said with a chuckle. Layla is another friend I made from Genesis's daycare. Layla Rivera, Jill Vertes and Katie Riley are literally the only friends that I have made ever since I gave birth to Genesis. So it's been awhile since I've actually have had friends.
"Oh hey sorry. I literally just woke up." I say while stretching my arms.
"You just woke up?" She slightly yelled.
"Yeah...why do you sound worried?" I ask full of confusion.
"Dress shopping. For your wedding. Today at 12:30 remember?!"
"Shit. That's today?!" I yell running to the bathroom to get ready while my phone was on speaker.
"Yeah silly goose! You me, Jill and Katie. And the kids are staying at Jill's with Jake. Remember? We planned this like, last week." I heard her say while chewing on her gum. Layla was much older than me, I think she is 27 but she still has a 16 year old mentality.
"Sorry I totally forgot. So much has happened last night, Jack like left and-"
"Wait. Did you just say Jack left you?!" She practically screamed into the phone.
"I honestly don't even know. I'll see you in a few." Everything has been a blur since last night. Genesis stayed at Jill's again which was unexpected. She is usually always here with me and Jack, but ever since he left last night I don't know what to expect. Jack hasn't answered my calls or any of my texts. This is exactly what I was afraid of happening, I couldn't stand the fact of how much I screwed up.
---
I drove to the dress shop and met Jill, Layla and Katie there. They were all my bridesmaids so they're helping me with everything for the wedding.
"This is so exciting!" Katie squealed.
"I remember my wedding like it was yesterday." Jill said.
"Me too, I feel so old." Layla said back. They were all older than me. They were in their mid twenties or early thirties. I never really asked, but they weren't too old.
"But Lacey, what do you mean Jack left you?" Layla asked loudly making everyone turn and look at me. I felt my cheeks turn red.
"Wrong timing?" Layla asked. "Sorry." She whispered loudly.
"Wait, what?" Jill asked with Katie right behind her.
"Are you even sure you're getting married anymore?" Katie chimed in.
"Look, I don't even know. It's a long story guys. Can we just look for dresses?"
They all nod and we don't say a word about Jack for the rest of the time we're there.
I found the perfect dress and the perfect bridesmaids dresses. The theme was silver, pink and white. So my dress was silver and white and their dresses are all pink. It was absolutely beautiful. After dress shopping we went out to lunch at Applebees.
"Lacey. I'm dying to know what's going on between you and Jack." Layla asked me while I sip my Sprite.
"Yes girl tell us all the details!" Katie said loudly.
"Look guys, it's just really personal." I simply say.
"You can trust us. Don't worry, we'll always have your back." Jill said while patting my back.
"Thanks guys I really appreciate it." I say trying not to cry. I look at the menu and try to figure out what I wanted for lunch. I was eavesdropping on everyone's conversations.
"Table for two please." I hear a familiar voice say. I look up and see Tiana. She walked in with Jack behind her. What the hell Jack?
I awkwardly hide my face behind my menu and try not to draw any attention towards me.
Jill notices and taps me on my shoulder, "Are you alright?" She chuckled.
"I think I need to leave." I say quietly.
"No don't leave! We didn't even order yet!" She says a little louder.
I motioned my head awkwardly to Tiana and Jack.
"Is that her?" Jill asked. I nodded awkwardly. "I'll be right back." she said getting up.
"Jill what are you doing?!" I whisper loudly. But I was too late.
"So this is how you treat your pregnant fiancee?!" Jill practically yells in Jacks face.
"Um excuse me. Who are you?" Tiana asks rudely.
"So you're the whore I've been hearing about." She says back with her arms crossed.
"Jill what the hell are you doing?" Jack says while standing up.
"Wait Jack. You know her?!" Tiana says louder.
"Yeah of course he knows me. I'm his fiancee's best friend." Jill says getting closer to her face. What the hell is wrong with her? I know she's just trying to protect me, but I think she's going too far.
"Jill seriously stop. You don't know what's going on." Jack tried to stay calm.
"Oh trust me. I know everything. Now stop talking to this heffa and go home to your fiancee!" Jill yells even louder. I look over and see Tiana start to cry. Damn, she has a heart?
"Jill stop." I say running over.
"Lacey?" Jack asks surprised.
"Hi Jack." I say bluntly.
"Jill come on." I say and she rolls her eyes and sits back down at our table.
"Jill, what the hell were you doing back there?" I whisper loudly.
"I'm sorry Lacey I just get very overprotective of my friends."
"Thanks, but I think you should apologize. I mean you made the poor girl cry." I was surprised at my own words.
"Ugh fine. But not now." She says while taking a sip of her sangria.
"Alright." I chuckle. I felt my phone buzz.
Surprise, surprise. It was Gilinsky.
Babe: can i talk to you outside?
Lacey: I'm pretty busy right now.
Babe: babe im serious.
Lacey: k.
I excuse myself and step outside. I sit down on the bench and hear the door close and footsteps behind me.
Jack sat down next to me.
"Why were you with her?" I ask staring at the ground trying not to cry. "Are you leaving me for her?" I felt a tear stroll down my face.
"I would never." He says while wiping my face. I move away from him.
"So why did you take her out? Did you spend the night with her too?!" I slightly yell.
"Can you let me explain Lacey?"
"Go ahead."
"When I left last night, I admit I was pissed. I was mad at you but I was more mad at myself. It wasn't your fault that you got pregnant. I should've protected you from him. And I didn't. So I took out all my anger on you and I'm sorry for that." He said while placing his hand on my thigh.
"How does that have anything to do with Tiana? I ask bluntly.
He took a deep breath, "I didn't spend the night at Tiana's. I stayed at Johnson's place. The only reason why I'm with Tiana is because...she lost the baby Lacey."
I felt my eyes widen, "W-what?"
"I took her out and spent the day with her because she was so devastated. Look Lacey, I know you hate Tiana but she was carrying my child too. So she's kind of going to be in part of my life and part of yours too. She's going through a lot, like what if we lost Genesis?" He said with a tear rolling down his cheek.
"Don't ever say that Jack." I say while wiping my tears.
"I know it's harsh babe...but Tiana needs my support right now." He says.
"I understand."

A/N sorry for the bad ending:/ I've been pretty busy lately.
~J