Chapter 9

We head back home and look online for venues for our wedding.
"The ceremony should be at a church then we go to the hotel after." Jack said.
I rolled my eyes, "No no no. You got it all wrong. The ceremony will be outside at a nice park, then we go to the hotel."
"And what if it rains?" He asks rolling his eyes.
"It won't!" I slightly yell. He knew he was irritating me.
"And how do you know Mother Nature?" He smirks.
"Jack sweetie, don't ever doubt a pregnant woman." I say half joking. "I'm hungry." I pout.
"What do you wanna eat babe?" Jack asks. "Do you want me to cook for you?"
"Do you want me to die?" I joke.
"Hey, that hurt my feelings." He frowns.
I smacked his arm, "Grow a pair please." I laugh.
"You're not funny." He says mocking my voice.
"I don't talk like that!" I cross my arms.
"You kinda do."
"Shut up. Now go make me french toast." We both start to laugh at how immature we both are.
"That's the first meal I ever cooked for you. Remember babe?" Jack asked while playing with my hair.
"Aw, I remember that." I smile and peck his lips. Jack went to the kitchen and started cooking. My phone rang, it was a blocked number.
Lacey: uh, hello?
Blocked number: hey sweetheart.
Lacey: who the hell is this?
Blocked number: the father of your baby.
I widen my eyes and dropped my phone. Sam.
I started thinking about everything I've been hiding from Jack. And it made me really anxious. And when I get anxious, it made me nauseous especially since I was pregnant.
Jack came back in, "We're out of cinnamon."
"I'll be right back." I mumble while running to the bathroom. Jack followed. I immediately threw up in the toilet. I felt tears start to fall down my face. And not because I was vomiting. I was angry at myself for lying to Jack. I didn't think that I'd react this way, or at this moment but my emotions just came out uncontrollably.
"Are you okay baby?" Jack asked while rubbing my back.
"N-no." I mumble while wiping tears that were falling from my eyes.
"I'm calling the doctor."
"No Jack! Don't!" I spat at him. "I just threw up! I'm fine."
He threw up his hands in defense, "Alright."
"I need some air." I wash my face and walk outside.
Jack was full of confusion and followed me "Do you want me to co-"
"No." I interrupt him and walk around the new neighborhood that I still have to get used to. You have to tell him Lacey. I kept saying to myself. No I can't, he'll hate me. I felt another tear fall down my cheek and I quickly wiped it. I stopped by Pinkberry and got a smoothie and walked back home. I open the door and see Jack pacing back and forth in the kitchen. He looked pissed off.
"You got something to tell me Lacey?" He yelled.
"What are you talk-"
"Don't play dumb with me!" He yelled even louder.
I flinched and just stood there I was speechless. Jack held up a piece of paper.
It was from the bank.
"Why the hell did you take out one fucking grand from your bank account. And what the hell did you use it for?"
"Why are you opening my mail?" I spat and snatch the paper from his hand.
"Why does that even matter?" I saw the anger in his face. "You know my pay got cut ever since I stopped touring with the boys. Why would you go behind my back and take out so much?!" I was so speechless. I didn't want to tell him anything. But I had to. Right now, whether I liked it or not.
"Because..." I started off.
"Because what?!" He yelled standing over me.
I looked up at him and felt more tears fall down my face, "Because of Sam!" I yell and run to our room. I couldn't face Jack. I felt like an idiot, I took a suitcase and started to pack a few things of mine. I just needed the rest of my day to myself.
I heard Jack's loud footsteps, "What the hell does Sam have to do with any of this?" His tone lowered.
"Jack I can't do this right now." I say while putting more clothes in my suitcase. Jack walked over and took my suitcase and practically threw it across the room.
"You're going to tell me right now." He crossed his arms.
I rolled my eyes and sat down, he sat next to me.
My voice trembled, "I visited him a few times."
"WHAT?!" Jack yelled. "After what he did to you?! He could've killed you!" He screamed.
"Can you shut up and let me talk?!" I say full of irritation. "Look...I didn't tell you everything Sam did to me that day." I mumble.
"What do you mean?"
"He didn't just assault me...he...he raped me." I choke out.
Jack just stared at me full of shock.
"But the baby?" He asked quietly.
"It...isn't yours." I say quietly. He just stared at the floor with hurt written all over his face. "Jack-" I rest my hand on his shoulder.
"Don't touch me." He spat and walked out.
"Jack!" I follow him. "Jack where are you going?!" I yell running after him.
"I'm done with you. You've been lying to me this whole time." He spat.
"I lied because I didn't want to hurt you!" I say while tear run down my face.
"And look what happened." He rolled his eyes and walked out to his car.
I chased him out the door, "You said you'd never leave me and Genesis!" I scream.
"I'll never leave Genesis, but I'm sure as hell done with you."

And he sped off in his car.