Chapter 6

I quickly put everything back and quickly walk out of the room.
Jill doesn't know about what happened between me and Sam. I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know about Sam's existence.
"Genesis? Where are you?" I say with a tremble in my voice. "Genesis!" I yell a bit louder feeling my heart pound.
I look in Carol's room and they're not there. I run downstairs.
"Hi mommy!" I look and see Genesis and Carol watching television in the living room. I felt a relief in my chest.
"Um Genesis we have to go. I just remembered we have something." I lied. I'm not letting Genesis anywhere near Jake ever again. Who knows what else he could be hiding? Sam is a freaking psychopath, who knows if it runs through the family? I remember Jack telling me a few months ago about Sam's past. How he was adopted. But he never told me why he was adopted. Maybe if I talked to Jake, I could get some answers. Without thinking I head downstairs to Jake's office.
"Jill?" I hear him say.
"No it's Lacey. Sorry to disturb you." I say standing infront of his desk.
"It's alright I was just finishing up." He says while typing on his computer.
"I know we just met and everything, but can I talk to you?" I ask while fiddling with my fingers.
"Sure. You can sit." He pointed to a chair and I dragged it over and sat in it. "So what's up?"
"Okay." I hesitate for a few seconds, "Do you have a brother named Sam?"
I saw his facial expression change immediately. It looked like he was scared.
"How the hell do you know about him?" He trembled.
I just stare at him blankly.
"Did you go through stuff?!" He slightly yelled.
"Look, I'm sorry about that but-"
"You need to leave." he said trying to sound polite.
"Could you just let me explain please?!" I slightly raise my voice.
"Make it quick. Jill doesn't even know about him." He said quietly.
I told him about practically everything. About getting pregnant and Jack. And how Sam was arrested. And how he could possibly be the father of my baby.
"Oh my god." He was speechless. "Listen Lacey. Don't talk to him. He's bad news. I'm serious."
I gulp.
"Oh no. You're still talking to him aren't you?" He scratched his head.
"I visited him twice. Only because I needed him to take a paternity test."
"Bad idea Lacey. Listen to me, don't visit him. Drop him out of your life forever. He's a monster." He whispered loudly.
"Lacey?" I hear Jill upstairs.
"We're down here Jill!" Jake says, "Look, you can't tell her anything, okay?" he whispers.
"I won't." I whisper back.
"What's up guys?" Jill says walking downstairs.
"Lacey was just asking me about Hawaii since she saw our vacation pictures on the fridge." I smile and nod.
"Oh it was amazing. We should go together one day." She said smiling.
"Jill do you need help with dinner?" I ask while standing up.
"Sure." she said while heading up the stairs.
"Lacey wait." I turn around and Jake gave me a piece of paper. "It's my number just incase you need it. You don't have to be scared of me, trust me. I'm on your side."