Chapter 27

SONG(s) FOR CHAPTER:

♬ If I Lose Myself by OneRepublic ♬

♬ Flashlight by Jessie J ♬

CHAPTER 27

♕ HARRY STYLES ♕

JOSH SIGHED ON the other end of the phone. "Tournaments are starting in a couple of weeks, you know that, right?"

I ran a hand through my hair. "Yeah, and I'm good, I promise. I'll be ready for them, but this break has been extremely necessary."

"I get that, Harry. I'm not telling you to stop relaxing, either. Just making sure you still want to go into the tournaments." Josh clicked his tongue. "Don't worry about it now, though. Take care of you. And that little lady of yours."

After hanging up with Josh, I went back into Grace's room from the bathroom to see she was just waking up, rubbing her eyes. We had stayed up decently late last night chatting with her mom and Mr. Pell, and even Noah stayed interested in the conversation for a good hour or so before getting bored and heading upstairs. 

I walked over to her, leaning down and placing a kiss on her forehead. "Morning, sleeping beauty."

Grace rolled over and pulled the covers over her head, mumbling something sleepily and incoherent under her breath.

"Fine, have it your way," I said, climbing on top of her and laying down. I could feel Grace's body shake just the slightest with the laughter she was trying to hide. So I continued to just lay there, similar to playing dead, I suppose.

"Harry," Grace muttered from under the covers. "I can't breathe!"

"Sorry, I can't talk, I'm dead."

She squirmed, trying to counter my weight and push me off of her but she ended up only laughing. "It's hot under here!"

Chuckling, I moved off of her and tugged the covers down. 

She blew a strand of hair out of her face. "What a sweetheart you are for waking me up so gently."

I laughed, sliding out of the bed. "I started out gentle, but you ignored me, so drastic measures were needed."

Grace rolled her eyes at me, but smiled nonetheless and got up to snag an outfit for the day. I couldn't help but watch her for a moment as she skimmed through her suitcase, hair falling in her face before she raked it back. I liked waking up to see Grace first thing. I missed it, a lot.

Last night was also the first night we shared a bed again after the two years we had split. I think I held her a little too closely, but she hadn't said anything and I certainly wasn't going to move if she didn't want me to. It was nice to have my arms around her again. It was nice to have funny little morning antics like what just occurred. Small things like that kept me falling in love with her over and over again.

Once ready, we headed downstairs to see everyone milling about. Grace's mom noticed us first, smiling big. "Oh, you guys are finally up! I was thinking we could go to the mall or something, and Grace, you could help me pick out things for the baby." Seeing how happy her mother was made my chest tighten. I had never seen my mom so ecstatic.

Mr. Pell leaned against the kitchen doorway. "Madeline, how about you and Grace go for a mother-daughter day? You haven't seen each other in so long."

Grace's mother's grin didn't falter. "That sounds wonderful." She glanced over at me. "You wouldn't care if I stole her for the day, would you?"

I smiled a little, shrugging. "Not at all, Mrs. Walker."

"Are you ready?" her mother beamed, grabbing her purse off the coffee table.