In Love with the Bad Boy

[NOTE] I wrote this story when I was very young, so yes, there a a bunch of cringe worthy errors that I will try to fix them. As the title says, I am editing, slowly, but what matters is the effort. In any case, try to enjoy, please?

---

I looked out the window and observed the road as we rode. 22 by Taylor Swift played in the radio, I closed my eyes to prevent crying, but it didn't help, a tear ran down my cheek. My dad, who was actually my step dad, noticed.

"Hey Bells, is everything okay, sweetie?" he asked softly. I opened my eyes.

"Uh...yeah," I wiped the tear away, "I'm okay."

"I know it hard for you to leave your friends and everything behind. But trust me, we'll come back in a few years," my mom said. I didn't want to come back in a few years, I wanted to go back right now.

"Yeah honey, c'mon cheer up!" my dad added, but kept his eyes on the road, "I'll buy you a computer so you can talk to your friends."

Yes, that would be nice. I mean if I had any friends...

"You do have friends what about Blake and Shaun. Oh! And Emily?" my mom started tapping her fingers as Starships by Nicki Minaj started playing. Weird woman. Waaaait a minute, was I thinking aloud again? I have to stop doing that.

Blake.

His name made my heart beat faster. I don't know why, I hated him. He was stupid, and frustrating.

"The only reason they both talked to me was because you're best friends with their mom. Other than that I was the normal loser at school," I complained and crossed my arms across my chest.

"You're not a loser, Bells. You're just...different," dad reassured.

'You are not a normal nerdy girl, you're different...I like it' Blake's crazy, cute boyish grin appeared in my head.

Ew.

"Thanks dad..." I mumbled. My oldest brother's head bumped into my shoulder. Ew again.

"Logan get away from me," I poked his eye.

"Whaa—?" he looked up. I giggled. He just smiled. I loved my brother, even thought he annoyed me, he was awesome. Not like any other brother who would annoy you for fun.

"Wassup, fellow humans?" he smiled. "Oh hell yes! Turn up the volume mother! I love that song, it reminds me of ...Amelia."

A dreamy look crossed his face.

I rolled my eyes. And listened to the song, it was Love like Woe by The Ready Set. Oh and also Amelia was his ex girlfriend..who cheated on him, I remember that day. I punched her in the face...it was friggin awesome. I smiled at the memory. Logan chuckled, and snatched my "nerdy" glasses from my hands,

"Hey!" I pouted, trying to get my glasses back, but eventually gave up, knowing that he wasn't going to give them back.

"Why do you use these anyways? You don't need them, and they're fake" Logan commented as he examined my glasses.

"I know, but they're part of my image," I looked away. Logan rolled his eyes and gave the glasses back.

See? Awesome brother.

"Dad is right. You are different," his evil smile appeared in his face. "But I heard Blake Miller likes different, so you're perfect for him— Ow!"

The "ow" part was because I smacked him in the face.

Don't. Mess. With. Me. Ever.

"Damn, sorry..." he rubbed his cheek. And for the rest of the trip he stayed quiet, which was really...weird.

This is scaring me. Logan was never quiet. Never. What if he's planning how to kill me? Oh no. But what if yes? Oh no! I'm too young to die! Okay, okay calm down. If he tries to stab you then run away. If he pushes you off a building pull him with you. I like that plan. I felt somebody shake my arm. I slowly started to open my eyes and saw my brother. I- I fell asleep? That's why I didn't hear Logan...well that makes sense, and also makes me look like a complete idiot.

"Huh? Where? When? What? Why? How?" I looked around. The car had stopped. We arrived to our new house. I got out of the car and stood next to Logan.

"We're here..." he sighed and looked down at his shoes.

"Yeah..." I whispered, looking down as well and started bitting my lip.

"Well we better start unpacking" he smiled down at me and took my hand. We followed mom and dad inside our new house.

4 years later...

I remembered that day exactly how it was. Well things had changed. I wasn't little Nerdy Bella anymore. I wasn't 12 anymore, I was 16. I wasn't the girl who wore glasses. The girl who got bullied. The girl who was called by names. The girl who cried because it hurt to be nobody. Now we were going back home, those "few" years had passed by.

"Logan, let me play!" my new little brother, Alex, shouted. Turns out my mom was 3 months old pregnant when we moved, she didn't tell us until she was 5 months old.

What a wonderful mom. Please note the sarcasm. Thank you.

"No little bro. Get your own iPhone" Logan, who was now 18, said as he pushed Alex closer to me and away from him. Alex grabbed my arm and hid his face in my long hair.

"Um, Logan?" I said softly.

"Yeah" he said not taking his eyes off his game.

"Uh..." I pointed at Alex. Who was obviously crying. How did I knew? My arm was freaking wet.

"Oh crap...uh, hey Alex?" Logan said, poking Alex's little shoulder. Then Alex started...laughing.

What the—? I pulled him away. He wasn't crying, and h-he licked my arm!

"Alexander Austin Simmons!" I screamed. "I know you did not lick my arm!"

"Bella, stop screaming, dear" dad said, trying not laugh.

Well my father is just fantastic. I would like you to notice the sarcasm once again. Thank you.

"Ugh..." I started wiping my arm...with Logan's shirt.

"Bella! This is my favorite shirt! No!" he looked angry, very. I laughed, and both of the guys joined in. We high-fived each other.

But sadly Alex felt like high-fiving Logan in the face.

"Alexander Austin Simmons..." Logan said in a calm voice. "I know you did not slap me in the face."

We laughed again. I loved this guys.  The car stopped, I put a piece of hair behind my ear, feeling nervous.

A voice in my head said: Blake.

But that wasn't my brain, that was my heart. My brain said: No he's still a player, you changed, not him.

I sighed, climbed out the car and looked across the street. There it was, the Miller's house. I looked away, returning my gaze to our own house. Two stories high and a beautiful soft creamy white.

"Hey Bells, are you coming?" my mom called from the front door.

"Yeah, I am. Wait up!" I cracked a smile.

***

This is only the beginning. I bet all of you want to know who Blake is... you'll find out soon. I'm not the best writer, but oh well, nobody is perfect.

Dedicated to waterdroplets.

- Angel xx

Edited.