Part 3: The Vikklan Initiative

Hello. Lia here. You may have noticed that the story has a cover now. And that this chapter has a title. Also that the author's note is at the beginning of the chapter rather than the end. Also that I updated.

Anyway, I'm adding titles to the chapters (mostly because I really wanted to title this chapter), and I MADE A COVER HOORAY. The picture is actually a picture I took on my vacation! I lit a stick on fire and thought it looked hipster so I took a picture of it. And now it's the story cover.

Enjoy this chapter! Ciao for now!

(also just gonna warn you I'm running low on sleep....................)

"Ow, I bit my cheek," Rob said suddenly one evening, during dinner. The entire pack was sitting at their dinner table eating pizza on paper plates. Preston made a sly face from across the table.

"Need someone to kiss it better?" He said in a babyish voice.

"You are not my mother Puuurrston," Rob said in an equally silly-sounding voice.

"Fudge it, I'm doing it anyway," Preston returned to his normal voice. After saying so, he stood up, leaned across the table supported by his elbows, and pressed his lips to Rob's cheek. Rob squinted against his touch.

"Nice," Lachlan said through a mouthful of pizza. 

"Actually," Rob said sheepishly, touching his cheek. "That was the wrong cheek. But I'm not complaining."

"For fudge sakes Robert!" Preston exclaimed. Vikk giggled from the other side of the table. "Oh you shut up."

That only made Vikk laugh harder. He put his head in his arms, and Preston rolled his eyes.

Then Rob started laughing as well.

"Oi fudge off," Lachlan said, "you two are gonna make me start laughing."

"No! Anything but that!" Mitch said dramatically. 

Lachlan tried to faceplant the table, but forgot his pizza was there, and got pizza all over his face.

"Uuuuuuggghhhh," He groaned through the pizza. He looked up at Vikk across from him, with his chin still on his plate.

"You've got a little something right..." Vikk reached over and pulled a piece of pepperoni off his noise. "Kind of everywhere actually."

"Shut up."

...

Later, half the pack had gone to do their own things, but Rob, Preston, and Mitch decided to stay up and watch anime in the living room. Most of the lights had been turned off and the TV was the largest source of light. 

"Hey, quick question," Preston said suddenly. "Do you guys think Lachlan might have just a tiiinyyy crush on Vikk?"

"What? No!" Mitch said, incredibly sarcastically. 

"Actually, I know for a fact he does," Rob said. Suddenly, all attention was on him. "I asked him once. I'm also preeetttyy sure Vikk knows as well."

"Wait," Preston shifted in his seat to face Rob better. "Does Vikk like him back?"

Rob shrugged. "I dunno. It's just a hunch that Vikk knows."

"Ah, Rob the matchmaker," Mitch winked. "I say we get them together. I think they're perfect for each other."

"Isn't that a little weird?" Preston asked.

"Well, I mean," Rob began, "we already know Lachlan likes Vikk. All we gotta do is ask Vikk about it and then we're set, basically."

"Okay so who wants to talk to Vikk?" Mitch asked. 

...

At sunrise next morning, Rob was leaning against the kitchen counter, eating a bowl of cereal. And Vikk just so happened to be the only other one up.

Vikk walked into the kitchen, looking rather sleepy with his tee-shirt and baggy sweatpants. He reached into the fridge and grabbed a cold piece of pizza, leaned on the counter opposite of Rob, and grumbled a tired "good morning".

"Hey, are we the only ones up?" Rob asked, peeking out the kitchen door.

"Yeah, I think so, why?"

"Wellllll," Rob began, dragging out the "L" longer than needed, "Preston, Mitch and I were talking last night and long story short, did you know that Lachlan totally one-hundred percent has a crush on you?"

Vikk suddenly found the floor to be very enticing. "I figured he might," he smiled a small smile.

"I knew it!" Rob exclaimed. "Now, the question is, do you like him back?"

"Well...I..." Vikk became flustered, and paused, looking for the right words to say. "I hadn't really considered it all that much, I guess."

Rob simply nodded as he had a mouthful full of frosted flakes.

"I mean...I guess...I might?" Vikk said. "Like, now that I'm considering it. I'll really have to think abo..."

Suddenly Lachlan walked into the room, with messy hair and a yawn. "G'morning, guys."

Rob glanced at Vikk and whispered: "Close your mouth, you'll catch flies."