The Reunion

Sorry for the disappearance. I've been struggling with depression for two months, and it made me stop writing for a while. But I managed to find the strength to write today. I started writing the next one, but I don't know if I'll be able to finish it and post it here in time. I hope you enjoy reading.

The fight continued, and some of the enemies were frozen during this time. Behind, the ice beneath the chains began to break. Peach began dodging spears thrown by Koopas Paratroopas, and grabbed one of it out of the air.

She placed the spear in a small pit of lava, lighting it, and then jumped and threw the spear toward King Bob-omb's fuse. He woke up and started to get agitated as he tried to put out the fire in his head. After landing, Peach saw the winch holding the cages cracking until it broke.

She prepared to freeze it again when she heard Luigi scream. - "Princess, be careful!!" - before she could process it, King Bob-omb's explosion spread across the place, knocking Peach down, who hit the stairs and losing her power-up in the process.

With the impact of the explosion, the cage in which Luigi was trapped was pushed and thrown out of the altar. He quickly grabbed the edge with his hands, fearing he would fall into the lava below.

With that, all the prisoners in the cages found themselves in pure despair. Meanwhile, one of the prisoners, Lumalee spun around and laughed. - "Whee!"

But before they met the same fate, out of nowhere, the chains suddenly stopped. Above the structure, Donkey Kong held and pulled the winch upwards, pulling the cages where his father and the other Kongs and prisoners were. Everyone sighed in relief, while Lumalee just booed in disappointment.

Luigi did his best to hold on tightly to the edge, but the weight of the cage he was trapped in was pulling him down. After getting up, Peach noticed the green plumber about to fall. She ran towards him, but as soon as she got close, the cage containing the human ended up falling.

The princess watched in horror as her hand remained outstretched. She didn't make it in time. She couldn't save him. She was unable to fulfill her promise to Mario to save his brother.

As he fell, Luigi saw she on the edge, and then down towards the lava. He didn't blame the princess, she had tried her best. What really hurt him the most was that he wouldn't see his brother anymore. He closed his eyes, waiting for death. Before he touched the lava, the cage stopped in midair.

As soon as he opened his eyes, the green plumber realized that he was moving away from the lava. Confused, he looked up and saw a familiar figure. - "Lu!" - "Mario?!" - smile and relief filled his face.

His older brother flew holding the cage back up and placed it on the ground. He checked and realized that the cage didn't have a lock, so there was no way to open it and free his brother from there. He could wait for DK to open the bars. In the meantime, he would check on his brother.

"Everything is fine, Lu. I told ya! See? As long as we're together, everything is gonna be okay." - Mario declared, while smiling. Luigi cried lightly, relieved to see his brother there. - "I thought... that I was going to die..."

"Shhh, it's okay now. I'm here. Let's just focus on getting you out of here now, okay?" - the red plumber reassured him. The younger brother nodded, until he saw the suit his older brother wore. - "Mario, why do you look like a bear? What is this?"

Mario just laughed in response. Soon after, he heard two voices calling him. - "Mario!!" - when he looked, he saw the princess and Toad running towards them.

"Guys! Good to see you!" - Mario declared, smiling at them. - "Mario, I can't believe it! You're really here?! I thought you died!" - Toad declared, looking at the red plumber from top to bottom.

That caught Luigi by surprise. What do you mean he died? But he didn't have time to question, as he saw the princess also approaching. - "Oh Mario, I'm glad to hear you're okay. How did you and Donkey Kong survive the fall?" - she asked.

The red plumber put his hands behind his head, and laughed awkwardly. - "Long story. I'll explain everything later. But now, I need the... " - at that moment, another large figure joined them. - "Hey, how are things?"

"Hey, DK. I need your help, can you open the bars here?" - Mario asked, pointing to the cage. - "Leave it to me." - he declared, as he snapped his hands and approached the cage.

I forgot to say that one of my aunts scheduled my appointment with a psychologist, but I don't know when that will be. Wish me luck and see you soon ;)