33- "The Passing-Out Test."

CHAPTER 33

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." ~ Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

SEPTEMBER 5597AG

4 YEARS BEFORE THE WAR OF DRAGONITE

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the annual Passing-Out Test!" Letia Pilz's voice boomed from the commentator's podium, filled with excitement.

"Before we continue, please stand to honour the Royal Family of Dragonite. Let's welcome the chief guests of tonight's ceremony: Her Majesty Mother Alpha Isabella Zellār, His Majesty Dragon Alpha Thaddeus Harrow, His Highness King Alexander Harrow, and Her Highness Queen Celine Riedl."

The arena fell silent as the Royal Clan entered the stadium.

They descended from the sky on their magnificent dragons. Their crowns glittered with rubies, sapphires, and emeralds, and their cloaks of thick velvet swayed behind them, covered in rich gold and silver embroidery.

The Royal Guard, dressed in uniforms of red, black, and gold, flanked the family on their dragons. It was a breathtaking sight.

Mother Alpha and Dragon Alpha dismounted gracefully and took their special VIP seats in the stands. These seats were luxurious, covered in rich fabrics, and positioned to give the best view of the arena.

Everyone in the crowd stood up and bowed low, including Letia Pilz.

When the Royal Clan was seated, Pilz spoke in a reverent voice, 'We welcome the Royal Family of Dragonite with all due respect to witness the Passing-Out Test and to award the medal to the graduate of tonight's spar.'

The atmosphere was electric as the audience prepared to witness an exhilarating face-off between two dragon riders and their majestic companions.

"Now, onto the main event; tonight is a very special night because we are about to witness a spar never seen before in the history of Dragonite."

"Since one of the contestants is a favoured student of war commander Ellayandro Paula, the test, usually set by him, has been set by none other than His Royal Highness King Alexander Harrow."

She cleared her throat and said, "Just a reminder for those of us who don't know, both of the contestants have cleared two of the three rounds, and this is the final round, which concludes with the dragon spar."

The crowd cheered and waved the banners and flags of Dragonite.

"There is only one rule: the first one to knock their opponent off their dragon wins the spar."

"So let's welcome our first contestant of the night, the sister of the undefeated Draco General Anklef Weiss. Presenting before you," Pilz took a dramatic pause, "HEXA WEISS ON HER NIGHTSHADE DRAGON, VOIDWING THE ABYSSAL TERROR!" Her voice echoed through the arena, and the crowd roared in response, though it was somewhat broken and scattered.

Hexa flew in on Voidwing, aiming straight for the clouds and vanishing into them. The dragon's black scales reflected back the light of the moon as he suddenly dove towards the ground and sent bolts of electricity into the sky, making it thunder.