Chapter 42: The Masked Tag Team

It's been over a week after the Ultra Beasts. The students have visited an observatory, which is owned by Sophocles cousin. Something new came to Lillie. Snowball evolved into Ninetails, helping Lillie defeat a wild Tyrannitar in a double with an Alolan Sandshrew, resulting in her gaining the Ice Z Crystal. Currently, at the Royal Dome, Niku is at the Royal Dome watching the Royak Mask's match against the Revengers, a battle team known for their blatant rule-breaking. On the other side of the audience is Ash with the others because they're huge fans of Royal Mask.

Things appear to go well with Incineroar but there is still the trouble with the other team. As the fight continued on, with Masked Royal and his Incineroar vs Mr. Electric and Electivire, the Mad Magmar and his Magmortar, interfered which led to Mr. Electric to be disqualified.

Niku: They interfered. How annoying.

Eevee: Eevee.

Mad Magmar: Hey, Royal Mask! If you've got any courage at all, then fight me in a single battle, witht the title of Royal Dome's strongest fighter on the line!

Royal Mask: Very well! I accept! We'll settle this during the main event tommorow!

After the match, Niku was about to walk out of the dome when he saw Kukui sneaking out.

Niku: Hello, Kukui.

Professsor Kukui flinched to see Niku and is nervous.

Kukui: Uh... H-hi Niku, fancy seeing you here.

Niku: Nice try Kukui, but you can't fool me Masked Royal.

Kukui: Ahh, H-How do you know?!

Niku: I'm not a fool. It's pretty obvious from the beginning. You're lucky no one knows who you are.

Kukui: Oh, but please don't....

Niku: I won't tell, but they will find out eventually.

Kukui: *sighs* Thank you.

Niku: And good luck tomorrow.

Niku walked away with Eevee following.

Timeskip

It's the next day and Ash and Burnet along with everyone else made their way to the Royal Dome. They made their way in and got seated, where they saw the dome is packed.

Ash: It's really great to see this with all my buddies! To bad Niku isn't here!

Kiawe: We're gonna be glued to our seats until it's all over!

Lana: Masked Royak better win this or else?

Sophocles: I'm so pumped up I feel like I can burst.

Lillie: Snowball and I will be cheering for the match with all we got!

Snowball: Nine!

As the first few matches got under way, Kukui was trying to sneak off, but was caught by Burnet every time, making hom sigh. But then somone dressed up as a security guard came over and talked to him.