𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔 | 𝐀𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫.

"Aster! Hurry, we have to watch the demon lord courting!"

"Huh? I told you to name me Astra. Aster is so boring"

Astra came looking down at the demons of hell, residing at the canopy of many windows decorating the exterior of the demon lord's castle. It was the best sight to look over the dark realm, where no light could reach its horizon. Despite the aspiration of the view under his eyes, no one could be Naeroth.

Naeroth, commander of the legion of lower demons, was a sight for sore eyes. A sight that Astra would stare at for thousands of years.

"Whatever Astra, just hurry up before he banishes us for not being there!"

Astra snapped back into reality, his eyes staring at her face for longer than he'd like to admit. Sighing at her, he came off the ledge, directly in front of Naeroth, he fixed his posture to prove something to her, to impress Naeroth. Astra fixed his head down to breathe into the view of her, the smell of her vanilla ruminating around her, the way her eyelashes fluttered like butterflies. His butterflies now appear in his stomach.

He pushed away these feelings; he did not want to seem weak. Most men don't want to be weak, let alone Astra's crush, in front of a girl. The one he loved since the day they met.

"The weather is nice up here, too bad you can't feel it short stack"

Naeroth came disbelieving at his words, scoffing at Astra before they walked side by side. Naeroth took the lead slightly as they took themselves to the designated room for the meeting.

Every small thing she did was noted and accounted for. Naeroth swung her head side by side when she had her hair out. She slightly walks on her tippy toes when she's confident but her ears twitch when she's nervous or scared. Astra loved everything about her. Astra Loved every small perfection she had, every small imperfection if she had any.

He loves her so much that he'd rather kill himself to save her.

They both shortly arrived at the door of the great courting. Leaving the demon lord himself, his 3 sons, and the 10 commandments. High ranks of the hierarchy joined the meeting adjourned that was supposed to just be the "two of you". With the many people whispering and sudden eyes staring at the pair of them, it was off.

This was execution.

Astra was mentally screaming to himself as they both bent down and bowed their heads down to the king. Was it him to be dead? Or was it to be the both of them? No matter the circumstances he were to stand face to face with, he would protect Naeroth at every cost.

Naemoth spoke out to the demon lord, greeting him and his sons. They both rose to see the dark scene of the king himself, which sent shivers down his spine.

"Naeroth, I was reported that you had been with the goddess race instead of tending to your duties. Is this true?"

Naeroth came frozen, Speechless. Astra darted at her trying to find the answer that he had also been so clueless about. The war waged between the Goddess clan and the demon clan came to be catastrophic. This wouldn't be such a big issue if she were to keep to her duties but to be ignoring them was crucial to the demon king.

"Yes king...This is true"

The crowd stayed quiet to the best of its abilities but the sudden surprise of such a low life of demons with the goddess race confused everyone. Naeroths ears twitched. Astra stayed silent but was now nervous about the next action he was going to do. To either watch the love of his life die right before him or to fight everyone in the room that instant. The crowd came silent as the demon king spoke out.

"Naeroth, you have disappointed me. You could've become a great knight of the demon empire. Aster execute her"

Astra came stunned at the command, Execute the girl he loved? No, he couldnt do that. He knew his actions from there, to fight the room full of now enemies.

Astra grabbed his weapon and stood in front of Naeroth. His back turned to her as he slightly turned his head to her.

"I'll protect you with my life, even if it means fighting the dark itself. I love you, Naeroth"

Naeroths eyes fluttered at Astra. She tried to speak to him but her mouth came agape, blood spewing out. She fell onto the floor. She had been pierced from behind.

Astra fell onto his knees to catch her in his arms. His weapon came secluded onto the ground as tears formed from his eyes and onto his cheek. She was barely alive but was able to speak to Astra before death came to collect her.

"I love you too Astra, I'm sorry. This is the only way to repay you for the kindness you showed me"

Her hand came to his chest before she blurted out an enchantment to send him off to the space that he lived in now. No contact for 3015 years, mourning Naeroth for those years. Astra missed her voice, the voice before she got killed by the demon lord's court. By himself being locked away in that grimoire, he adored Naeroth for saving him, hated that he couldnt be peaceful at himself for his failure ever to express his love for Naeroth until his last moments.

Astra looked through your eyes as he saw what you saw, the way you glanced at Lancelot when he wasn't looking, and the way Lancelot looked at you weren't looking from your vision. He exhaled deeply before looking pitifully at the sight.

"Please y/n, don't do it until it's too late" 

A/n: Short chapter but I will be continuing the story tomorrow this is just a chapter for my readers who do like the plot on y/n

A/n: Short chapter but I will be continuing the story tomorrow this is just a chapter for my readers who do like the plot on y/n. Q&A is posted on my profile if you would like some questions answered!

 Q&A is posted on my profile if you would like some questions answered!