𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 15 | 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞.

"Lancelot! Why is y/n here? Why is she bleeding!"

Tristan and the rest of the group gathered around Lancelot after fellow demons of Zeldris were on the hunt for him as his sudden pause before entering the demon realm troubled and questioned everyone's concern for him. But concerns are even higher with the dried blood on your night dress.

Lancelot took a deep inhale before trying his best to stay calm in the situation at hand. He didn't face it well himself, Lancelot considered the relationship between the two of you as "friends". But if he thought of you as a friend, why was he so concerned about you? Concerned if you were going to survive, concerned about what possessed you that night.

Concerned if it was really you who kissed him.

"She's fine, breathing well, and her pulse is steady. I need someone to check her wound, that damn witch would kill me if she ever found out if I were to check her"

Lancelot sighed a breath of relief, the panic deep down in him for you came at ease. You were sleeping off like it was nothing but needed to wake up soon. Lancelot knew that if someone attempted to attack you he would crush their skull like grass on a field.

Lancelot and Tristan returned to the castle of the demon realm, accompanying you out of pure concern. You slept through all the noise of the chaotic demon realm. Your body wasn't affected by the miasma which was pure sense as the theory was true; you are a demon.

You were handed to Gelda to give you new clothes and to have a look at the wound inflicted on you. As soon you were carried away to a different area, out of earshot Lancelot turned to Zeldris and Tristan.

"Don't tell y/n that I was the one who got her. I don't want her to know"

Zeldris didn't mind one bit, he didn't know what was with the two of you, Tristan yet was confused and concerned.

"Why not Lancelot? You know that she would be pretty thankful for what you did"

Lancelot pauses his thoughts, his movements. Everything seemed to be in slow motion for that second. He didn't want you to be thankful for him, he wanted that night to be gone, to be foreign to you and him.

Lancelot didn't want to miss your lips touching his. The way your cold hands came to his face. His adrenaline was pumping through him still after all that mess, those stupid words did get to him.

What did "Shall love be expressed over a full moon" mean? Was it some type of poem that you read in a book?

"She won't remember who saved her. I don't want that brat thanking me as well, if she focuses on giving me appreciation she'll avoid her self-needs. You know that yourself Tristan"

Tristan didn't deny what Lancelot said, you would do that considering it would bring the two of you closer.  He didn't want to bother to convince him otherwise as Lancelot is too stubborn for that.