chapter 33 : Father's legacy

Veeranshu pov :

I sat in my luxurious living room, sipping on a glass of fine scotch, waiting for Mahira to return. I had finally convinced her to move in with me, and I was ecstatic. My mind was racing with thoughts of our future together, our laughter, our adventures.

But then, I heard it. A car horn that didn't sound like my chauffeur's. My eyes narrowed, my grip on the glass tightening. Who could it be? I thought Mahira was done with her meeting with Abhii.

I set the glass down, my eyes fixed on the door. The horn honked again, and I felt a surge of irritation. Who was this intruder, disrupting my evening with my Mahii?

I strode to the window, pulling back the curtain to reveal a sleek, black Ferrari. My eyes widened in surprise. That car didn't belong to any ordinary person. And then, I saw them. Mahira, stepping out of the passenger seat, a smile on her face. And Dev, the famous architect, standing beside her, a smirk on his face.

My heart began to race, my mind racing with questions. What was she doing with him? Why was she smiling at him like that? I felt a surge of possessiveness, my eyes narrowing into slits. Mahira was mine, and I wouldn't let anyone take her away from me.

Mahira's pov:

I entered the palace with Dev, my heart pounding in my chest. Veeranshu sat on his throne-like chair, sipping his scotch, his eyes fixed on us with a mixture of anger and possessiveness.

Before I could even open my mouth, he spat out a firm "No". I raised an eyebrow, taken aback. "You didn't even let me ask," I said, my voice laced with amusement.

Veeranshu's eyes narrowed. "I know what you want, Mahira. And my answer is no. You're not going to work with Dev, and that's final."

I smiled, my eyes locked on his. "Oh, but I think we are going to work together," I said, my voice dripping with confidence. "Dev and I have a proposal for you, Veeranshu. And if you don't agree, I'm afraid I'll have to leave with him."

Veeranshu's eyes flashed with anger, but before he could respond, Dev spoke up. "I have an offer you can't refuse, Veeranshu. If you don't agree to work with us, I'll take Mahira with me. She can live in my palace, and we'll uncover the secrets of the temple without you."

Veeranshu's face turned red with rage, his eyes bulging out of their sockets. He stormed towards me, pulling me into him with a firm grip. "Fine," he growled. "I'll agree to work with you. But stay away from Mahira, Dev. She's mine, and I won't let anyone take her away from me."

I smiled, my eyes locked on Veeranshu's. "Oh, but I'm not yours, Veeranshu," I said, my voice dripping with sweetness. "I'm my own person, and I'll make my own decisions. And right now, I've decided to work with Dev."

Veeranshu's eyes flashed with anger, but he knew he was beaten. He released me, his eyes never leaving mine. "Fine," he spat out. "Let's get this over with. But mark my words, Mahira. You'll get a punishment for this little  stunt of yours. "

Iturned to Dev with a triumphant smile, my eyes sparkling with amusement. "See, I told you I could convince him," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

Dev raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips. "Oh, wow. I'm impressed. You managed to tame the beast," he said, his voice laced with sarcasm.

Dev snorted. "Or else you'd leave him for me? Yeah, that's a real convincing argument."

I playfully glared at  him . "Hey, it worked, didn't it? And besides, I had to use whatever leverage I had to get him on board."

Dev chuckled, shaking his head. "You're something else, Mahira. I don't know how you do it."

I grinned, feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment. "It's all about confidence and charm, my friend. And a little bit of sass never hurts."

Dev laughed, nodding in agreement. "I'll keep that in mind. But seriously, Mahira, you're a force to be reckoned with. I'm glad we're on the same team."

I smiled, feeling a sense of camaraderie with Dev. "Me too, Dev. Me too."

Veeranshu's pov :

I  stood there, seething with anger, as Mahira and Dev bantered back and forth like I was invisible. They were laughing and joking, completely oblivious to my presence. I could feel my temper rising, my eyes narrowing into slits as I watched them.

Mahira, my Mahii, was smiling at Dev, her eyes sparkling with amusement. She was treating him like a friend, a confidant. And Dev, that smirking, arrogant one , was lapping it up like a dog.

I clenched my fists, my mind racing with ways to get rid of Dev. I couldn't let him continue to influence Mahira, to poison her mind with his lies and deceit. I had to act, and fast.

But for now, I remained silent, watching and waiting. I would bide my time, gathering my strength and my resources. And then, I would strike, taking down Dev and anyone else who dared to stand in my way.

Mahira was mine, and I would do whatever it took to keep her safe. Even if it meant destroying everyone around her.

"Wait a minute," Mahira said, her eyes widening as she suddenly remembered something. "The trunk ! I forgot to show it to you ."

She rummaged through her bag and pulled out a worn metal trunk  with her name labelled on it .

Mahira's hands trembled as she opened the old trunk, revealing a treasure trove of memories. Newspaper cuttings, old books, and toys spilled out, each one a tangible connection to her past. But it was the photo that caught Dev's attention.

Mahira saw the photo , her eyes widening as she saw the lab and him wearing a lab coat ,  "My father was a scientist?"

"Wait," Dev said, his voice was low and urgent. " see that photo."

Mahira took the photo , her eyes curious. "What's  about it?"

Dev's eyes scanned the image, his gaze lingering on the faces. "Something's on the back ," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

she whispered, her voice trembling. As I turned the photo , I saw the same drawing of  the ancient temple on it with a pencil .

Author's note :

Hey, my lovely readers ! 💖✨

Sorry for the late update and small chapters ..but I promise you that you'll get longer chapters tomorrow .