57

March 23, 2025

Paige pov

I sit on the bench of our very first NCAA tournament game in 2025. definitely not how I saw this going three months ago.

I haven't officially announced the fact that I'm not playing. I feel bad, but I didn't want to stir things up more.

after the second quarter we're up by 43.

we win the game easily and I've never felt more relieved.

I will get to play one more game at home.

twitter posts:

UConnfan4life051
I BOUGHT TICKETS FOR THE GAME AND LITERALLY DIDNT EVEN GET TO SEE PAIGE PLAY!!

Ipadkidpaigebueckerssss1
im so pissed.

UConnisbetter05
might cheer for South Carolina this year. what a rip off.

User1789
uhm- WTF. #bringpaigeback

"people are really mad," I tell Iris.

"I know," she replies.

"this fucking sucks," I sigh.

"at least you get to play another game," she shrugs

"yeah," I say.

I sit and stare at the tv that is playing the L word.

"do your parents know that we're getting married in June?" i ask.

"they don't know that it's so soon," she answers.

"so that's a no," I say.

"yeah," she answers.

"let's go to canes," I stand up as I suggest.

"okay."

I have no clue what's going on. things have just been weird lately.

"what's wrong?" I ask Iris as we eat our food.

"nothing," she lies.

"Iris," I grab her hand from across the table. "please tell me so I can help."

"I don't want to dump this stuff on you," she says. "it's not your job to take care of me."

"I want to take care of you," I reply.

"I know," she whispers. "I just feel really bad because you're already so stressed and you have so much going on and I feel like my stuff isn't even nearly as bad as yours and im over reacting and doing stuff for no reason." she says this all in one breath.

"what happened?" I ask.

"can we just talk about this later?" she asks.

"yeah," I smile.

"I love you," she says.

"I love you too."

paigebueckersofficial

paigebueckersofficial these years at UConn have been the best of my life

these years at UConn have been the best of my life. I couldn't have imagined a better story for me. I love my teammates and coaches. I love the family that our team has created. I am forever grateful to have been able to share this experience with you all. with all of this being said, I would like to officially announce that this tournament will be the last games I play with UConn. I have decided to move on to the next chapter of my life. I will be declaring for the draft once my season is over. thank you all so so much for all the support. This place will forever be my home. I'm so excited to move on and hopefully start with the WNBA. i couldn't have made it this far without the faith I have. 🫶🫶.

user1
I knew it was coming, but im still so fucking sad.

irisclark.22
im so proud! I love you!!

replies:

paigebueckersofficial
I love you too!!

user7
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO LIVE MY DREAM?!

Caitlin pov

I wake up to a ringing noise coming from my phone. "hello?" I say once I pick it up.

"hey," I hear Paige say over the phone. "do you have any clue what could be wrong with Iris?"

"is she eating?" I ask.

"she's eating great," she answers.

"hmm," I hum. "how has she been acting?"

"I don't know," Paige says. "she's been distancing herself and she seems to think she's a burden."

fuck.

"what has she been wearing?" I ask.

"normally either a hoodie or baggy tshirt with Jeans," she answers. "why?"

"so she's worn short sleeves?"

"yes," she confirms. "I mean it's been a week or two, but she does."

"Paige, I need you to take this very seriously."

"okay."

A/N- CLIFFHANGERRRR

next chapter is going to be sad asf. be ready

BYE QUEENS