CHAPTER 17: EVERYTHING ENDS HERE

The fresh smell of coffee lingered around the whole bakery. It was small one ,but warm and cozy.There were a few customers, an old couple sharing a croissant, a little boy from neighborhood who visits daily to get his hands on freshly made cookies, a few highschoolers who came to take a look at the lady who bakes these goodies.

But unknown to them , she is married and have a kid. And also she owns the cafe.

It's almost 7.00 pm,which is their closing time. After all her customers had left ,she picked up his 15 month old son Karlo, who was sleeping in the crib in her personal room in the cafe.

The Baby sensed his mother and woke up. She cooed at her baby and sat on a chair in the cafe.

At that moment , she heard a tingling sound of the bell attached to the Cafe door ringing.

" Sorry ,we are clos- " her sentence got cut as she saw her husband.

" Sade ,it's just me" he said while walking towards them.

Karlo begin to giggle uncontrollable, and begin to shake on her lap ,hoisting his hands indicating his father to hold him.

" You are excited to see me unlike some grumpy old lady" he said in a baby voice to his son.

She shrugged it off and said, " Are these police taking any action? We gave this complaint when he was born and now he has grown to a toddler and they are still searching him." She complained with a huff.

" Hey, don't worry. Nothing bad has happened till now . And if the police fails to catch your father, I will catch him to keep you both safe" he said while flexing his muscles.

She chuckled " My sweet husband, who is afraid of cockroaches will catch a killer.Ironic" She said while snickering.

" You are always so rude" he said pouting.

The little family moment was interrupted by a phone call.

" From my secretary. Must be for the new project." He said and handed the baby to her.

" Your father has no time for us." She fake cried to her baby.

He made a face of kissing the air and went outside the cafe to attend the call.

ON THE PHONE

" Did he try to escape again?"

" Yes boss,but we captured him. What shall we do now?"

" Wait till I come there ,gotta end it once and for all"

TIME SKIP

He stood in the basement of VILLIN ENTERPRISES the largest corporate company in the country. A man was locked behind a very protective cell.

Most of the basement was white with some Grey aesthetics. Except the Grey door ,the cell was transparent.

The man in the cell had a little beard, sunken eyes, disheveled grey hair. He was sitting comfortably and staring at the man responsible for his lockdown.

The man imprisoned him was , ARGUS VILLIN ,one of the richest business man in the world and also unknown to many people, his family is a powerful mafia group and he is their next leader in training, while his father was the current leader.

Also ,he is the husband of SADE VILLIN and father of KARLO VILLIN .

And the man he imprisoned was technically his father in law.

" I will get out ,no matter what " The old man said while smiling creepily.

" She needs my protection " he added.

" The mighty strong protecter is at the mercy of my feet" Argus mocked him.

" You know what, sometime ago I asked her , what if you father is dead?Do you know what she replied with?

' if so then let it be, then I won't have the fear of a killer stalking my baby '"

" My wife really cares for our kid and I care for them. My behavior toward my foe are always ruthless. But since you are my father in law, I will give you little mercy." Argus said calmly.

With a snap of his finger, carbon monoxide gas were released into cell of the old man. He sat inside with no emotions . A smile emerged on his face before the cell was surrounded with smoke.

After few minutes he fell down with a thud . The cell door was opened and the old lad was announced dead. He still had th smile.

" Burn the body in the incinerator " Argus said to his men.

He was again interrupted by a phone call. This time it was his wife, who was his whole world.

" Don't worry ,I ll be soon ho-" he was cut by her wife.

" You can stay with you first wife for all I care. Just order some pizza and icecream for me from the store near your office. They don't take online orders." She said and cut the call.

" Oh man she is mad. I'm gonna be a dead piece of meat." He said while walking hurriedly practically running to the pizza store,while the whole body of Elio D Amore was burnt to ashes.

He sweared to will definitely tell the truth to his wife someday. But for now , he would cover the truth by saying the police accidently killed him while chasing him for the peace of her mind.

The truth included his mafia life too. For now he is ready to go home and get a good scolding or beating from his wife.

THE END

WHO IS THE REAL KILLER?