One Night Stand - Bang Chan Oneshot Fanfic

This dress is so tight. You thought, admiring yourself in the bathroom mirror. Girls were coming in and out of the stalls, and it was packed. Totally usual for any party, considering the bathroom queue of the girls' restroom was always long, while the men's – not so much.

Still, you were stuck in front of the mirror reapplying your lip gloss, your eyes darting down to your waist, snatched tightly by the fabric of your black dress.

You were cursing yourself in your head for choosing to wear this old thing that barely fit you anymore, instead of simply buying something new. But if there was one thing you hated more than travelling for a friend's wedding, it was buying a new dress specifically for it.

Such a waste of money, to spend hundreds of dollars on something you'd only wear once, maybe twice if you were lucky. You didn't attend enough fancy parties to justify dressing so over the top.

So, instead of splurging money you didn't have on a new dress, you rummaged through your closet and found this way too tight black thing you wore at the graduation party from university three years ago.

It looked good, that much you were sure of, but it was uncomfortable, and tight, and stuffy, and you didn't eat anything from the reception so far, afraid that your zipper would bust. Still, you only had to hold on for a few more hours, then you'd go to your hotel room that the bride graciously paid for, and you'd change in your comfortable pyjamas.

Once your make-up looked perfect again, you sucked in a breath and made your way out of the bathroom, and as if the bride has a sixth sense, she immediately made her way to you and grabbed your hands to pull you towards the opposite corner of the room.

"You ran away again!" She laughed loudly over the music.

"Just needed to powder my nose, you know me!" You replied cheerfully, holding tight onto her hand, afraid that you'd lose her through the large crowd on the dancing floor.

"There's someone I need to introduce you to! My husband has this really cute friend and I think you two would match!" She quickly explained to you as she practically pushed you in front of a dude.

"I told you I-"

"Hi Jack, this is Julia! You know, the friend I was telling you about." The bride cut you off, introducing you to the man way too excitedly.

"Hi." You waved awkwardly, trying your hardest to force out a smile.

"Oh, hello!" He replied seemingly as embarrassed as you.

"Great that you're getting along, I'll let you to with while I go fetch my husband for a dance!" The bride smiled and ran away, leaving you and this dude – Jack – to your own devices.

He offered you a drink at the bar which you naturally accepted, hoping that it would ease the awkwardness of the situation. You didn't want to meet anyone else, and your friend – the bride – knew how reluctant you've been to meet new people after how badly your last relationship ended, so this felt woefully uncomfortable.

Jack and you talked for a little while, and while he seemed funny enough, there was simply nothing interesting about him that made you curious. He looked average, his personality was average, he was a bit too loud at times, and simply... not your style.

He kept talking and talking, and you fought every urge not to yawn, because you didn't want to seem impolite. Eventually, you decided enough was enough, and excused yourself.

"Anyway, Jack, I have to go for a bit." You smiled apologetically and stood up from the bar stool. The room was spinning a little, and you made a mental note to gulp down some water.