23

standing in front of the door, the male checks his phone to triple-check that he is at the right address.

"just knock, tell them whatever i need to, and then leave," kun hypes himself up before ringing the doorbell. a couple of seconds later, a high-pitched scream makes him flinch as the door opens.

"who are you?" a tall guy raises his eyebrow at the stranger at their house.

"hi, i'm qian kun and-"

"oh my god, are you also chinese?!" chenle immediately exclaims as he runs under jisung's and goes to shake hands with the receptionist. "you must be the person taeil was talking about!"

"i don't know what he's said about me, but yeah, we're coworkers at the office!" the older doesn't know how to respond to this sudden greeting.

"i'm so glad to hear that hyung is making friends at work!"

"about that, my bosses sent me here with some news," kun ruffles his hair, confused at how well this interaction is going and how he isn't being chased out yet.

"would you like to come in?" jisung was still cautious about the receptionist, but he got good enough vibes from him to open the door further and welcome him into the apartment.

opposite of what you might be thinking, the space isn't trashed. besides the scrunched-up blankets on the couch and a couple of empty soda cans and water bottles on the dining table, everything is in place and nothing was broken. seems neither of the boys wants to hear taeil's nagging when he comes back.

"sorry, it's a bit messy," at least chenle moves the extra stuff on the couch and motions for the older to come sit down. "so, did you have something to talk about? oh wait, we need introductions! hi, i'm zhong chenle!"

a second passes, and the chinese elbows his boyfriend as a signal to do the same.

"uhm, i'm park jisung, taeil hyung's cousin."

"nice to meet you both. now, you're probably wondering why i showed up here all of a sudden."

"yep," jisung didn't even bother to hide his confusion and slight defensive feelings.

"so, this pertains more to taeil but my bosses said to talk to anyone at the apartment right now," kun pulls out a paper. "so, this apartment is three bus stops away from the office building, or a 45 minute drive away. so, because it's the busiest time right now for the company, we are requesting that our secretary move to somewhere closer for convenience."

"and this is the building that taeil hyung is moving into?" chenle holds up the paper with information on a fancy condo that was now 10 minutes away from the company building...and also boasted an 9 figure price tag.

"yes, and you both as well if you're going with him. the entire condo complex is owned by the company, so there's no need to worry about rental price. there's also sufficient space for three people so-"

"so, let me get this straight," jisung grabs the paper from his boyfriend's hand and holds it out to show the receptionist. "you want my cousin, who is currently away on a business trip and i don't even know if he knows-"

"his bosses will tell him about this," kun cuts in to tell the younger.

"ok, well as of now, i don't know that he knows. point is, my hyung is going to move out of this apartment building he's had since college and is going into some fancy ass place just because his bosses need their secretary to constantly be at their hand, waiting to rush whenever they ring him in?" jisung says in a flat tone. "yeah, uhm, i don't know how i feel about this."