1

sighing, the male just opens the door of the cafe and breathes in the fresh air, trying not to show his frustration. but when it's the 3rd job you've been rejected for, it's hard to hide that. taeil takes his hair and ruffles it out of irritation and disappointment.

"all because i can't reach the shelves."

taeil is a someone he called "average. he came from an average family, received an average education, went to an average college, nothing out of the ordinary.

except two things. first, his intelligence. ever since grades became a thing, it was well known in the school that taeil could never be beaten with academics. he was always on top of things, making sure his notes were organized, writing dates of all the quizzes, and studying every time he had for the time leading up to it. but the best part about him, was how he never bragged about it. instead, taeil was the model student who would do anything to help others, tutoring them and lending his notes. he may have been labeled as a nerd but in the end, he was the kindest person in the whole school.

the second, his height. now, don't get him wrong, being above 170 cm is something he's proud of, even if it's only by a centimeter. but even then, he was the shortest male in the grade. while everyone grew in high school, taeil stopped in his first year. no matter how much milk he drank, exercises he did, or any other method, he never grew any taller. and because of this, it was hard for anyone to take him seriously because of his cute visuals and adorable height. but it also earned him a fair bit of respect whenever he became angry.

"well, that's one to check off the list," the male takes out his list of jobs and crosses the 3rd one. "now, on to the next one."

.

.

.

"what was i expecting?" taeil blows on his ramen before eating it. of course, the interview didn't go well and well, he's still unemployed.

it wasn't that he was poor or anything but his parents were living away, as their son moved to the city to be able to find a well paying job for them. and so far, nothing.

"ughhh, maybe i should sell my kidney or something," taeil scrolls through his phone, stopping at an online shop to buy second hand things. "heck, i can't even afford to eat anything but ramen or other junk food for dinner."

taking another bite, he taps on the app that gives him options of open job positions. skipping the part time section, he goes straight to the full time. maybe he needs to change strategy. instead of finding multiple part time jobs, he needs one, full time one.

and luckily, he was able to finish his degree in applied math and they weren't kidding when the teachers say you can do anything with math. literally most of the jobs he could qualify for because of his degree in math.

"accountant, substitute teacher," taeil grimaces at the last choice. don't get him wrong, he loves children but he knows those kids would not behave no matter what he did.

"scroll down more," he scrolls to the bottom but there's nothing that caught his mind. out of boredom, he keeps pressing the refresh button but on the 8th try, he gets a notification for a new added choice.

"new position opened, for secretary at nano computer technology. requirements, must be a male graduated from college, have a background in math or computer sciences."

.

.

.

"and job's out!" taeyong yells from his room and all the 8 males rush to the place.

"what did you write for the description?" donghyuck takes the mouse and clicks the screen.

"new position opened, for secretary at nano computer technology. requirements, must be a male graduated from college, have a background in math or computer sciences," doyoung reads out loud.

"well, this is the most i can put without making it sound...too picky," taeyong explains at the straight faces from yuta, sicheng, and jaehyun. "anyways, we can't change it now, it's already up."

"and after this, what happens?" mark asks.

"i get all the applicants in for a job interview. if i find someone that seems good, then they're hired."

"maybe you shouldn't be the only one in the position hyung," jungwoo speaks. "like they have to be someone we can all agree on. it wouldn't be fair if only one person chose for the whole group."

"then do you want to help me?" taeyong asks the younger.

"i can help in other ways," the younger leans into the face of the older and gives a playful smirk, immediately sending taeyong into a blushing frenzy.

"ok you can help me with the interviews," taeyong immediately writes a note of that and sticks it on to his clipboard while the others just laugh at jungwoo's actions.

"damn taeyong, you still act the same every time someone does that," johnny teases the smaller.

"there's a reason why he bottoms every time," sicheng adds on, earning a groan from the korean.

"i'm literally telling you guys, i'm a fucking switch-"

"but you don't have anyone to top between the 9 of us," yuta finishes.

"why don't you just hire the secretary as someone who you can top?" jaehyun jokes. "that'll be entertaining."

"guys, you're missing the point!!"

the noise again stops and taeyong sighs.

"no one is gonna get distracted by the secretary. they need to be someone who we have complete hold over and also someone we can easily let go if they do something. understood?"

all the others nod and taeyong gives a small smile.

"great, now all we have to do, is let the applications come rolling in."

.

.

.

taeil's finger hovers above the confirmation button, still hesitating about it.

"should i or-"

"taeil!!!"

"agh!!"

a body falls on top of taeil and the male struggles to hold himself up.

"chenle, get off of me! jisung, help your cousin out!!"

taeil was lucky enough his cousin had one extra room for him. otherwise, he would've almost been homeless when arriving at seoul.

"sorry, but you needed something to snap you out," jisung helps his boyfriend off of the older's back. "what's got you so deep in thought?"

"nothing but ahhh!!!!"

for the second time, taeil shrieks at his phone and the two youngers immediately become worried.

"what happened?!" they ask at the same time and taeil immediately looks up with a scared look.

"i accidentally clicked the button!!!"

he shoves his phone into the face of the youngers and covers his face in frustration.

"i was writing an application for a job. and when chenle basically tackled me, i clicked the submit button from it!!"

"but hyung, this is a good thing right?" jisung asks.

"yeah, you need a job right? and since you're dreading over it, it's better this way," chenle passes the phone back.

"better?!! i just signed up for an interview for a job i have no idea on doing!!!"

"then get ready because you're going to go to the interview, whether you like it or not."