10

taeil clenches his fists and he can feel his nails making marks in his palms. in front of him was jaehyun, giving a smirk that almost felt like he was challenging him.

"of course jaehyun," taeil intentionally uses the ceo's first name and it gets a reaction out of the younger, his eyes narrowing at the secretary.

taeil just focuses on opening the small bag, taking out the glass containers and napkins. opening the lids, he wants to sigh as he can smell the aroma from the foods that he was supposed to eat.

"where should i set the meal?" the older asks with gritted teeth, showing that he's reaching his limit with his boss' childish behavior.

"there's a tray on top of that shelf, just reach for it and you'll get it."

sure enough, the shelf that jaehyun is referring to is right next to the desk but there is a slight problem. reaching the top was an impossible feat for taeil. it seemed like jaehyun wanted to make an embarrassment out of the new secretary and anyone had to admit, he was doing a good job at it.

"jaehyun, i'm sure you can tell that i am not capable of doing that," taeil asks with a tone that shows how much he's struggling to keep his anger in. "you can do it yourself."

and with that, the secretary turns around to leave the room but when he reaches the door, his wrist is gripped and he can feel his body spin around. a loud thud echos through the silent room as taeil can feel his back collide with the door.

"what are you really here for moon taeil?" jaehyun asks in a voice that sends shivers down taeil's spine. the huskiness and low tone makes him want to run out from how scared he is.

"i'm here for a job, isn't that obvious?" the older answers in a confident tone, or an attempted one.

"no one enters this position without a motive, so tell me. what do you want? you know i can give you anything that you ask for."

taeil was at his limit with jaehyun, and also pretty much the rude treatment he was given the moment he stepped into the building. taking the hand around his wrist, he yanks it off and pushes the ceo away from him.

"i don't know why all of you are treating me like this but i can tell you this; the moment i make enough money, i am going to pull myself out so you can live that happy life from before that you desperately want back."

and with that, the secretary walks out while leaving jaehyun stunned, still processing the other's words.

.

.

.

"why can't you all actually try to be nice?" taeyong ruffles his hair out of frustration while staring at the males sitting in front of him. "i'm already having to deal with the effects of yuta and sicheng leaving but this is not needed! i literally said to be nice and treat him with respect!"

taeyong was mad. like disappointed mad that all his boyfriends couldn't give taeil the chance that he deserved. sure, jungwoo, donghyuck, doyoung, and johnny were starting to get used to him around. but mark and jaehyun were acting completely immature and unreasonable. well, jaehyun at least; he has yet to see mark not ignore taeil.

"cause you don't know for sure!" jaehyun argues from his place on the couch. "what if he's only pretending to be nice just so he can do something in the future?!"

"he isn't like that!" donghyuck jumps in. "taeil hyung has been nothing but nice and patient with us!"

"no offense haechan but i don't think you're in the place to say that," mark fires back at the youngest. "have you had to deal with all the crazy secretaries from the past? no, so just leave yourself out of it."

the youngest feels tears well up and they slip down his cheeks and jungwoo doesn't hesitate to stand up and hug the maknae

"mark, that's enough," the older warns the canadian but mark had more to say.

"we all said so many times that we weren't gonna try to get a secretary, especially after the last time. but no, both you and taeyong hyung had to go out and find someone. without consulting any of us!"

the air is heavy with tension as soon as mark finishes talking and he just rubs his face with hands.

"i'm going out, i'll be back before 10," and no one dared follow the male after the slam of the door.

.

.

.

"that darn jung jaehyun," taeil mumbled underneath his breath as he skimmed through the shelves, looking for a specific ramyeon. "i let him take a lunch that's finally not ramyeon and what does he do? decide to act like a complete di-"

his phone rings, interrupting his ran and immediately picks it up when seeing who it was.

"yeah jisung?"

"hyung, chenle is asking if you could pick up some banana milk from the store."

"ok, i'll get them," taeil heads over to the refrigerated section but freezes when seeing a familiar figure. "hey jisung, just text me anything else you want."

hanging up, the secretary walks over to the person, tapping on their shoulder.

"excuse me, mark?" and the ceo turns around when hearing his name.

"what are you doing here?" the younger asks in an exasperated voice, cursing at himself that he just had to run into the other out of all places.

"i'm here to get some midnight snacks," taeil gestures to the basket in his hand. "what about you? why are you here?"

"none of your business," mark tries to go but the shorter blocks his path.

"it's not nothing," the korean keeps going. "i know something is going on."

"something that you shouldn't be sticking your nose into," the ceo turns and looks taeil with empty eyes. "just because you're the secretary doesn't mean anything to me. you're still a stranger and someone i don't want to get to know either."

with that, mark takes the ice coffee from the refrigerator and walks past the stunned older, who can only process the words and pretend how they didn't hurt him.