8

with the click of the send button, taeil sighs as the last email is sent out. it's been a long day and he looks out into the dark city, illuminated by the lights of the buildings. the only good part with being this high up, considering his mild phobia for heights, was the view he wouldn't get from the small apartment he lived in so he wanted to soak everything up when he could.

"have you finished everything?"

the secretary turns around and sees donghyuck holding his backpack and carrying his blazer. weird how with his hair all messed up and not wearing his complete suit, he looked like an actual college student or office worker and not one of the bosses of a large company.

"i have, are you finished with today," taeil stands up and starts to organize the papers on his desk.

"yeah, i just wanted to say good night," the younger readjust his backpack strap. "aren't you going home?"

"someone told me to wait until all the ceos to leave before leaving, so that's what i'm doing."

and that made donghyuck suspicious. no one would do that when they could just leave after doing all their work.

"who told you that?" the ceo asked with a raised eyebrow which made taeil gulp.

"um, kun. he told me to just wait until you all left before leaving, while also making sure all the office doors are locked. something about "keeping privacy in check" or something of that sort," the older gives a small shrug.

"the others leave really late," donghyuck says in a breezy manner. "just to let you know."

"then i'll stay for as long as they need. it's only taeyong and johnny anyway."

donghyuck may have been a little swayed before at how hostile johnny acted towards taeil and to be honest, he didn't want to like the older that much afterwards but the way he was acting is making that so hard.

"alright, well then good night," the younger gives a nod and then heads to the elevator, stepping in after it opens. and his bright eyes were the last things taeil saw.

taeil can't help but just lean back in his chair and revisit all the events of that day. while doing so, he feels a bit guilty on how he had acted towards johnny. the taller was right, he had no right to judge him the way he did without properly knowing him.

"i hope i'm not making another mistake," the secretary tells himself as he heads down the hall and into the section with all the offices.

.

.

.

johnny found himself sighing deeply and pinching his temples, a habit he only did when he felt extremely stressed. which is exactly what's happening right now.

two empty large bottles of coffee were set in front of him and a third one half drunk was in his hand. a knock resonates through the room and after drinking the liquid, let the person in.

"come in!"

he was expecting to see taeyong or anyone but the person who entered, making him frown and become a bit hostile.

"what are you still doing here?"

taeil shivered at the cold tone used on him before explaining.

"kun told me to stay until all the ceos had left. you and taeyong are the only ones left here and i thought you would need help. i am your secretary after all."

"if you're asking for me to help you that way, then leave," johnny expected taeil to approach him the same way others had but he doesn't.

"i don't know what you're talking about," the secretary says with a confused look. johnny looks into his eyes and as much as he doesn't want to admit it, he's telling the truth. taeyong was right, taeil is different from others.

"taeyong and i can handle ourselves and it's 9:50 right now, go home," johnny goes back to doing his work but taeil doesn't budge. instead, he just says what he came for.

"i'm sorry for judging you and labeling you as a shallow person even when i don't know you. it was wrong of me to do that and made me the shallow one instead. i want to ask for forgiveness but i can handle the rejection. all i ask is that you believe what i say."

now johnny is really shocked at what he's hearing. no one but his boyfriends ever bothered to apologize to him, or at least in this way. the way the words were said sounded so intimate yet heartwarming that it made his chest flutter a bit.

"i appreciate the apology but it's going to take time for me to gain your trust," he says while sorting his papers.

"i understand," the secretary nods a bit and peers at the papers on the ceo's desk. realizing most of them just have to be filed, he goes and grabs the stacks. "i can work on getting them filed and organized for tomorrow's meeting, you can focus on what you have."

the american only nods in response but the whole time, he was watching how focused taeil is and how passionate he looked while working.

but he also paid attention to butterflies stirring up inside.

.

.

.

"finally it happened," taeyong skips into the large mansion and only sees jungwoo on the couch. "where is everyone?"

"asleep and haechan and mark are having a session so they're somewhere else. anyways, what got you so giddy?" the younger puts his book down and looks at the older.

"johnny and taeil are on a better page," taeyong shoves his phone into jungwoo's face, who has to blink a couple of times before it registers. the two males were standing in front of each other and you could tell they were having a serious talk, but the good kind of serious.

"did you hear what they said?"

"i only heard taeil apologizing for earlier but besides that, nothing," taeyong recalls. "but johnny didn't kick him out so i call that a success!"

"what's got you two so giddy about?" doyoung enters the living room with tousled hair.

"just a success between the beauty and the beast," taeyong fixes his boyfriend's hair before pecking his lips out of joy.

"taeil and johnny," jungwoo explains as he sees the confused look on doyoung's face. "anyways, why are you still up?"

"cause mark and haechan are being really loud next to my room," the older groans at the memory. "even using earbuds didn't work and they claimed to be sound-blocking."

"i thought they left?!"

"no, that was yuta, jaehyun, and sicheng. i swear, jaehyun is going to flip once sicheng and yuta leave next week," doyoung shakes his head at the thought.

"but he needs to stop taking them for himself. it's been literally 5 days since i got to spend time with yuta and 3 with sicheng," taeyong pouts.

"it's been 5 days because you're still limping from how rough yuta went on you and 3 because you got caught by johnny while you and sicheng while fucking in your office," jungwoo deadpans.

"what can i say? a man has needs."