12

"and why are you coming in so late?" taeyong eyes jaehyun, who walks into the meeting room with the others already there.

"sorry, lunch ran longer than i thought," the ceo says as he walks to an empty seat.

"mhm, cause you brought taeil with you?" jungwoo teases jaehyun by nudging him with his arm.

"how'd you guys find out about that?"

"simple. taeil was seen with you and mark last, mark leaves to eat lunch. no one saw you or our secretary in the building during lunch time, confirming our thoughts," donghyuck lists out like a detective.

"so, are you and taeil on a better page now?" johnny asks his boyfriend.

"yep, and i even took him to my grandmother's restaurant just to get my point across," and that shocks everyone. everyone in the room knew that jaehyun never takes people to that place unless they're someone important to him. "but no, it doesn't mean anything."

"on the bright side, you guys are on a better page though, right?" taeyong looks up at jaehyun with hopeful eyes.

"well, i admit that i judged taeil too quickly and he does seem like a good person."

mark scoffs in his seat, making everyone turn heads towards his direction.

"what is with this? what's wrong with you johnny and jaehyun? how is it that only after a couple of hours with taeil, you guys all of a sudden have different opinions on him?"

"because he hasn't done anything to us," johnny answers the younger. "sure, not all of us may have agreed to having a secretary but in the end, we were too harsh in putting all those assumptions on him."

"mark, i'm ok with you having your own opinions about the situation but please at least give taeil hyung a chance, please?" haechan looks at the older with pleading eyes and the canadian just sighs.

"i'll think about it..."

.

.

.

"chenle! jisung! dinner's ready!!"

at the sound of that, the two teenagers immediately bolt out of their room and into the kitchen where they can smell the meat cooking.

"hyung, is that beef?!" jisung exclaims at the sight of meat on the pan and his cousin transfers it to a plate, handing it to the younger.

"maybe, you'll have to eat it to confirm," taeil winks at how amazed the two college students look.

"when did you have the money to eat beef?!" chenle takes a bite of his food and his eyes light up at the taste.

"since i started working. i got my first paycheck today and decided to buy something good for our dinner," taeil takes a bite of his own piece and internally cries at how good it is to finally eat something besides cheap lunch boxes and ramyeon.

"how has work been going? it's only been two weeks since you started, it can't be that bad," jisung asks.

"some of the ceos are really nice while some are pretty...reserved. and there's also 2 working abroad so i haven't really met them yet."

"what happened with the ceo you ran into on the streets? johnny?" chenle asks while chewing his food.

"ok one, don't talk until you've completely chewed and swallowed your food. and two, we're actually on a better page. he doesn't hate me that much and we're not exactly friends but pretty good "co-workers"," taeil didn't know how else to say it. it felt weird to refer to all of them as his boss, mostly because they were younger than him.

"who do you think doesn't like you yet? or at least is showing a cold side to you still?" the chinese asks when he finished swallowing.

"mark. yuta and sicheng, i haven't met them besides on my first day so i don't know how they are."

"don't worry hyung, you can do it. and besides, if you can't, just remember that the job isn't permanent and you can resign if you have to," jisung could see how the ceos' treatments affected his cousin for the first couple of days and it hurt him to see how harsh they were when they didn't even know their secretary's personality and caring nature.

"yeah, i can do that," taeil says out loud, but mostly for himself.

.

.

.

the ceos all gathered around the tablet in front of taeyong, showing yuta and sicheng on screen. it was their only way to talk with their two boyfriends but it seemed to do the bare minimum. it was a cozy night for them, everyone in the living room

"when are you guys coming back?" haechan whines at the screen, making sicheng laugh a bit at the maknae's antics.

"it's only 2 more weeks, we'll be back before you know it," the chinese answers in his usual soft way.

"and besides, my mom made gifts for all of you, so be patient and maybe i'll give it to you," yuta teases.

"how are your families?" taeyong asks.

"they're all good, excited to see their son," the japanese says and sicheng nods to it. "they were also asking how you guys are."

"tell your mom i miss her and her cooking!" jungwoo yells from the back.

"yah, is food the only thing you talk about?" johnny questions jokingly, to which the other just shrugs with a smirk.

"how is taeil, i haven't gotten the chance to actually talk with him before we left. has he done anything?" sicheng snaps his fingers as he remembers an important detail.

mark opened his mouth to talk but was stopped by jaehyun's elbow, who just shook his head knowing the younger was going to say something not too positive.

"no, he's actually really chill and down to earth. and does not seem like those slutty ones we've had in the past," and taeyong slaps his boyfriend's bicep at the word choice in the last sentence. "what?! it's true though!"

"you could've worded it in a not so "aggressive" manner though!"

"oh i'll show you aggressive," jaehyun leans towards the smaller and grabs his neck but stops at the last second when seeing how red the other is.

"ok, do it when we're not on call cause i actually wanna sleep tonight," yuta calls from the screen. "i don't think my clients liked how i almost slept at the end of the meeting today."

"you almost fell asleep?!" doyoung exclaims. "were they important clients?! this is bad if you really did fuck it up!"

"don't worry, and besides, you were the cause of i-"

"ok! no need to talk about that!" doyoung flushes red but squirms as johnny nudges him to tease.