prologue

with every step they took, it was as if winter was approaching the office, although it was only the middle of summer. their piercing glare that no one dared to look up to in the eyes and the serious aura excluded from the group, it was all enough to make the staff move out of the way to avoid them.

introducing the 9 famous ceos of nano computer technology. known for being the ceos of one of the most rapidly growing companies, they're also known for being the basic idea of one handsome man next to another. and they're also known for being reminiscent of the group of statues typically found in a garden. of all the years the senior staff worked in the office, they've never seen the heads smile or give any other expression besides the icy gaze they're all wearing right now.

"manager lim," taeyong calls out in his usual serious tone. the called woman scurries over and avoids her gaze.

"yes ceo lee?"

"we were able to have rare venture on board for a partnership so we now have to extend the details. an email is sent with all the information and i expect a complete list of the fine guidelines on my desk by tomorrow morning. understood?"

"of course," and with that, taeyong and the group continues walking. going in to the elevator, the last anyone sees is johnny's warning gaze, warning them to be serious about their jobs.

"hyungs, we have a meeting in 15 minutes," donghyuck shows the schedule to the olders.

"no, we have a meeting at 8:15," doyoung shows his tablet screen to the younger.

"idiots, it's on the 15th," taeyong shows his post it note with the writing.

"you're all wrong, the meet is literally right now, 10:15," yuta points his hand at where the table was ready for them with bottles of water and their laptops opened to the screens. the 9 males all just sigh and take their seats.

.

.

.

"ok, i've been thinking about this for a long time," taeyong dramatically stands up at the table where all the males were currently eating and all attention is turned towards him. "and you may not like it but after happening again, we really need to just accept reality."

the whole room drops in sound and taeyong continues, knowing that all chaos is going to ensue after saying what he needs to say.

"we need to hire a secretary," and just as he expected, hell breaks out.

"what the actual fucking what!" sicheng stands up with his fork still in his hand.

"you're lying!" mark yells at his hyung.

"do you know what this is gonna lead to?!" jaehyun points out with an annoyed expression.

"guys!!! shut up and let me fucking talk!!!"

all the noise quiets down and finally, the male could speak.

"we see how disorganized we are. what happened today isn't the only time. and besides, how long are we going to stay like this? this was bound to happen!"

"well what, you want another kidnapping attempt to happen again?" yuta scoffed at the leader.

"or one of us getting a drugged coffee?" donghyuck adds on.

"no, because this time it's different."

"how can it be different? a secretary is a secretary," doyoung deadpans.

"and not to mention they all probably have the same reason to apply," johnny shivers at the thought of one of their previous secretaries, who would always wear revealing clothes to work. not that she was the first one to try. which would explain their reactions to taeyong's news.

"no, because i'm going to personally choose them out," taeyong says loudly. "and i'm going to make sure that he is the right one."

"he?" jaehyun questions. all their previous secretaries had been women, which taeyong thinks might be the reason for the others' behavior.

"if i hire a secretary, they've at least gotta have one thing we like."