||60||

I glanced over as Summer downed yet another mock-tail. Our group had gone to the Bait Shop to hang out and Summer had gotten carried away with the faux-hitos and mock-tails. I was just happy that they were drinking something that I drank for once.

"Who's ready for another faux-hito?" Summer asked and Marissa glanced at her.

"I think I kinda hit a wall on the mocktails. Besides, it's a school night."

"It's not just a school night. It's our last night before our last semester of our last year of high school, so we have to make it...last." I stated with a frown.

"It's hard to argue with that logic." Seth stated and I gave him a dirty look.

"You guys, this has been a really fun winter break. All of us hanging out again like old times." Marissa said and I smiled at her.

"Yeah, I can't believe it's gone by so fast." Ryan told her.

"I wish I could Tivo it so I could play it over again and again until graduation." Summer stated sadly.

"Unfortunately after tonight it's back to regularly scheduled programming." Ben told her.

"For you guys. I gotta go back to Newport Union by myself." Marissa stated unenthusiastically.

I glanced at Ryan as she said that, then at Summer.

Marissa went to the bathroom then and the rest of us all looked at each other.

"What if this didn't have to end?" I asked.

"What, winter break?" Ryan asked me.

"The six of us being together. It's a new year, but it's our last chance." I stated and Summer nodded. "Senior photos are this Friday. The Harbor Class of 2006 will be immortalized in the yearbook for like all time. Marissa has to be part of that picture."

"Are you two saying what I think you're saying?" Ryan asked Summer and I.

"Yes. That asshole Dean Hess is gone. And Dr. Kim has always been pretty reasonable. I mean she let us into school." I told Ryan.

"Yeah, but the board kicked Marissa out, not Dr. Kim. Plus there's all those concerned parents."

"Whatever, out of sight, out of mind. Time heals all wounds. Maybe they're over it!" Summer exclaimed.

"Yeah, this town's real forgiving." Ryan stated.

"Come on Ry, if there's a chance we can spend senior year together, shouldn't we take it?"

"I'm in. Marissa deserves to be back in school." Ben stated and Summer grinned at him.

"You guys seriously want to do this?" Ryan asked and I nodded.

"Ok. Alright, but we don't tell Marissa until we have a plan."

"Cheers to getting Marissa back where she belongs." Summer stated, holding up her drink to ours.

"Anyone have any idea how we do that?"

~~~~

I walked through the school hallway with Seth.

"I can't believe it's our last semester of high school." I stated, looking around at the many fliers for senior activities.

"I know. College applications have been sent off, studying, homework, learning. All the reasons to come here are pretty much irrelevant."

"Good with all your free time, you can help with "Free Marissa." Summer stated as she walked up to us.

"What exactly are we freeing her from?" I asked Summer in amusement.