||23||

I awoke to Luke and Ryan's voices. "Maybe she called here. Seth and Ally might be out looking for her."

"Maybe they're asleep." Luke said, and I sat up to see Luke and Ryan looking very tired. Seth was beside me still asleep, but Luke shoved him until he woke up.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Seth asked, sitting up as well.

"You two were alseep that's what's wrong." Luke said and I glanced at him.

"Is that a crime?"

"I was just adjusting my back." Seth lied.

"Did Marissa call?" Ryan asked and I glanced over at him.

"No, why would she call? Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Even if she called, we would've heard the phone ring. There's a missed call though which is weird." Seth said, glancing down at his phone. Ryan gave him a look and snatched the phone from him.

"Meanwhile Ryan and I are driving around all night like idiots." Luke said.

"Okay, tell me what the hell is going on." I demanded.

"I came over last night to tell Ryan that I broke up with Julie and well, Marissa heard everything. She ran out."

"Oh God." I muttered.

"And you two were sleeping while she called." Luke said and I looked at him in disbelief.

"Okay, I know you're not blaming us. This never would've happened if not for you." I said angrily.

"It was an accident." Luke said and Seth scoffed.

"I'm sorry, did you accidentally sleep with Marissa's mom, or did you you accidentally tell Marissa about it?"

"I'm in no mood Cohen."

"Good, keep it in your board shorts next time." Seth told Luke.

Ryan turned back to us, closing the phone. "That was her."

"What did she say?" I asked him.

"Not much, just that she's ok and not to follow her."

The door opened and I looked up to see Julie walking towards us.

"Where is she?"

"She's not here." Ryan said, and Julie rolled her eyes. "I don't believe you.. Luke." She said in surprise as she saw Luke.

We all stared awkwardly between the two of them.

"What's going on in here?" Julie asked.

"Marissa took off last night after we got back from L.A. She ran away." Ryan told her.

Julie instantly glared at him.

"Why, what'd you do to her?"

"You mean what did you do to her?" I asked her, not liking the way she was always trying to blame Ryan.

"What're talking about?" Julie asked me.

"They know." Luke said and Julie's eyes widened. "Shut up Luke."

"They saw us outside the motel.. Marissa knows too."

There was an awkward silence and then Julie cleared her throat.

"Will you three excuse us please, Ryan and I need to have a talk."

I glanced at Ryan before following Seth and Luke out of the poolhouse.

Julie emerged a few minutes later, looking even madder than before. Ryan just looked tired, which I didn't blame him. He hadn't caught a break since we came here. I was beginning to think he got into more trouble here than Chino.