(49). - The Only Way up is Teamwork.

The other students and the Heroes Party were keeping the Wendigo busy, all of them throwing out their best attacks to try and pierce the defenses the monster possessed - but failed miserably to do so. It legitimately felt like the Wendigo was completely invincible to all our attacks and that no matter what we tried to do, it would take no damage at all.

Tadamu, Fusaji and Jilk all rushed in from three sides of the Wendigo, while Kurolo leapt up high into the air above the Wendigo. A triple strike plus a strike from the air. Surely that thing won't be able to fend them all off—?

However, I seemed to have had underestimated the Wendigo, as it easily blocked two of the three strikes with its arms, before blocking the third one with a icicle which it summoned using its feet. The last strike which Kurolo was attempting to connect from above it, seemed like it would successfully hit the monster, however the Wendigo screeched before using its antlers to block the strike, shocking everyone around.

<Ikoma>;
"Seriously?! Is the Teacher nuts?! How the hell are we supposed to beat that thing?!"

<Kio>;
"D-Don't lose hope yet..! We haven't lost yet! There's still a chance to pull through!"

Kio shouted back, before quickly casting a wide range healing spell, which healed up everyone. Shortly afterwards, I watched as Rosalin dashed passed me, seemingly recovered from her earlier injury, before swinging her Greatsword back and leaping in towards the Wendigo.

<Rosalin>;
"What now bitch?!"

She shouted, before spinning the blade and swinging it towards the Wendigo. The monster simply scuffed, before quickly pushing back Fusaji and Jilk, before catching Rosalins attack with both of its hands.

Afterwards, it quickly flung Kurolo away with its antlers, before kicking Rosalin in the gut and tossing away her Greatsword. In the following moment, he grabbed Rosalin as Diamond fired off a fireball towards the Wendigo, who simply tossed Rosalin at the fireball, causing her to collide with it and take some damage.

<Alexander>;
"Rose! Quick, Kio, heal her!"

<Kio>;
"R-Right! Keep me covered!"

<Jilk>;
"You heard her! Keep the Healer covered!"

Jilk repeated what Kio had stated, before rushing in towards the Wendigo to try and drag its attention away, as Kio ran up to Rosalin and began to cast her healing spell. Afterwards, all the close range attackers began to bombrush the Wendigo one by one, all of them being deflected and blocked in one way or another.

Even I tried to run in to try and get a few hits in, however got completely overpowered by the monster, who tossed me around like some kind of garbage bag.

Ikoma, Diamond and Alexander were all providing supporting fire, with Ikoma and Diamond firing off spells and Alexander using his bow to fire off arrows towards the monster. The Monster easily deflected their fire, before dashing in towards them, about to attempt and crush them under its hands, only to be completely pummeled in the stomach by Festia, who used her Bo-Staff to knock it back, before spinning it and dashing in.

Then something incredible began to happen right infront of us. Festia began to exchange blows with the Wendigo, using her Bo-Staff expertly and dodging the monsters counterattacks while also pushing it back — seemingly managing to do some light damage in the process as well.

<Ikoma>;
"Hey... Was she always that fierce?"

<Jilk>;
"Not from what I remember..."

<Kurolo>;
"Yeah — Festia hasn't done something like this before.."

Everyone discussed among themselves. As Festia continued to duke it out with the monster, Jilk quickly gathered up the close range attackers, before conjuring up a plan to try and take down the creature. As they discussed the 'plan', Festia was suddenly overpowered, as the monster found an opening in her defense and punched the girl back with a ton of force, causing her to fly off into the wall and crash into it pretty heavily.