21. Trouble Occurred

Hold yourself because its gonna be rollercoaster of situations. Get your water bottles and pillows too.
.
.

Wei Ying was roaming inside the Cloud Recesses with his siblings after breakfast. He was happy today, feeling grateful for Lan Zhan's caring nature and the thoughtful gesture of giving him chili sauce to make the bland food edible.

While they were enjoying the moment and laughing at a few jokes, Jin Zixuan came over and greeted them. They greeted him back. Zixuan started talking with Yanli, and the siblings understood, leaving the couple alone.

"This Jin Peacock always bothers us," Wuxian said, and Jiang Cheng agreed.

"Cheng Cheng, you know someone is really waiting for you to talk with them," Wuxian said, looking in a particular direction.

"What are you talking about?" Jiang Cheng asked, looking in the direction Wuxian indicated. He saw a girl in a red robe. "I will go now. You also don't go anywhere and please be safe," he said, and left towards Wen Qing.

Wuxian also started walking again in an unknown direction. He got tired and sat on a stone, admiring the beautiful scenery in front of him.

He heard some noise and looked to his left. Seeing nothing, he dismissed it as the wind rustling the leaves.

Wuxian started walking again towards an unknown direction. After a while, he came upon a waterfall and a small river. Admiring the scenery, he noticed someone practicing archery nearby.

It was Wen Ning, the brother of Wen Qing. Wuxian moved towards him. Wen Ning tripped on a small stone and was about to fall. "Be careful, Young Master Wen," Wuxian said, helping him stand properly.

Wen Ning collected himself and bowed deeply to show his gratitude. "Thank... Thank you, Master Wei."

"Oh, no need to thank me, Wen Ning, for such a small matter. By the way, I must say you are quite talented," Wuxian said, looking at the bow and arrow. "If you don't mind, may I help you learn it?"

Wuxian noticed Wen Ning's hesitation, so he gently guided him into position and began teaching him the simplest move: hitting the target from a standing position.

Wen Ning was impressed, and Wuxian continued to teach him. After some time, Wen Ning was practicing the move he had just learned. However, to their dismay, the arrow was about to hit Wen Qing, who was with Jiang Cheng.

Reacting swiftly, Wuxian picked up a small rock and effortlessly threw it towards the arrow, changing its direction just in time.

Wen Qing saw the arrow coming toward her but felt a rush of relief as it veered off course, thanks to Wuxian's quick thinking. Jiang Cheng, seeing the source of the arrow and the rock thrown by his brother, sighed, thinking that trouble always seemed to find Wuxian no matter where he went.

Both Wen Qing and Jiang Cheng approached the scene. Wen Ning hurried to his sister and apologized profusely. "I'm so sorry, Qing Jie, it was my mistake, but Master Wei saved you." He looked at Wuxian, who was grinning from ear to ear.

Wen Ning bowed deeply, nearly 180 degrees. "Thank you so much, Master Wei. You saved my sister's life. I don't know how I will ever repay you for this."

Wuxian shrugged it off, saying it was not a big deal. With the Wen siblings leaving, Jiang Cheng dragged Wuxian, knowing his brother would likely get into more mischief if left alone.

*****************
In a dimly lit room, a figure stood over a table, carefully adding something into a drink. A sly grin spread across their face as they thought, *"Finally, it is mixed well. Now, the only thing I have to do is give this to that omega boy, and my work is done."