7.Sudden visit

Warning: focus on Xichen because important in story. Little mature.

if you have too much to say, but there's no one you can share it with? What if there are feelings that are bothering you, making your work messy? What if a person can make you constantly think about them? What if you want to have a proper talk with a person, but that person is not here near you to talk? You have to give explanations, but you are not able to.

What will you do at that time? It's our thoughts that bother us the most. Our thoughts are dynamic; they can change within seconds, making us fragile, incapable of work, and helpless. In this kind of situation, what will one do? Perhaps involve themselves in work to forget about the thoughts of someone.

This particular beta was practicing swordplay in the training ground to distract himself from the thoughts and feelings that had been troubling him since yesterday.

Xui Ching and Xui Ren returned home yesterday, taking only four hours to reach the Xui clan from Cloud recesses. When they met their father, Xui Ren informed him that Zewujun had agreed to assist them. However, both siblings remained silent afterwards for their own personal reasons.

"Practicing sword will only make you physically strong, but the turmoil inside you will only quiet down after you share what's bothering you," said Xui Kai, another beta who was both cousin and friend to Xui Ching. "Ching, what's bothering you?" Kai asked as he looked at Ching. "Since yesterday, you haven't been talking to anyone. You're usually so cheerful, but now you seem dull and quiet."

Xui Ching looked down, preparing himself to answer his friend. After a moment, he explained everything to Kai-the events in Gusu and his brave act with Zewujun."Now I can't seem to forget about it," Ching admitted. "He's an Alpha and the sect leader of one of the biggest clans in the cultivation world. I belong to the smallest clan, and there's a significant age gap between us. I don't want to harm his reputation because of me."

He hugged his friend and added, "I know it will be difficult, but I have to forget all about it. It's better for both of us."
Kai understood that Ching was right. Even as a male beta, it was impossible for his friend to partner up with the sect leader, who was expected to provide an heir for their sect-a task impossible for Ching.

He consoled his friend, and then they left to join everyone for lunch. It was already afternoon, and all the family members were eagerly waiting for them.

**********

During lunch, both Ching and Kai remained silent, speaking only when necessary. Sect Leader Xui observed that his troublemaking younger one seemed to have a positive change in behavior after returning from Gusu, refraining from any mischief.

After they finished lunch, a disciple came running and said, "Sect Leader Xui, an important guest has arrived and is asking to meet with everyone," speaking in a single breath.

Upon hearing the disciple, everyone proceeded to the throne room. The room was smaller compared to Gusu but furnished with items that reflected their sect's unique identity. The color scheme consisted of light blue and green, symbolizing their connections and attributes. Light blue represented their bond with the Lan clan, while green signified their expertise in medicinal knowledge.

Upon reaching the throne room, Xui Ching paused at the entrance for a moment. Standing before him was the person who had been occupying his thoughts continuously. Yes! It was Xichen, with all his glory.

Kai nudged Ching to move forward, and he did, joining the others in bowing respectfully to Zewujun. Xichen also returned the bow.

"What brings Clan Leader Zewujun to our humble sect?" the Xui sect leader asked politely. "Please, have a seat, Zewujun."