18. Happiness

.

There was only one day left until Xichen's wedding, and all the preparations were complete. The Lan Clan was excited to see their esteemed Alpha get married, and guests from all the clans had arrived. From the Wen Clan, only Wen Qing and Wen Ning were present, having been requested by Jiang Cheng to attend.

Meanwhile, Wangji was secretly pleased to spend time with Wei Ying every day under the guise of punishment. On the first day, in the afternoon, Wei Ying began writing the rules while seated in the library. Lan Zhan sat across from him, pretending to write something as well, but his real focus was on observing Wei Ying. Wei Ying, finding the task monotonous, wrote the rules with evident boredom.

On the third day, Wei Ying finished writing the rules. He stood up and went over to Lan Zhan to show his work. Sitting beside him, Wei Ying called his name. Lan Zhan looked at the paper Wei Ying was holding and saw an amazing portrait of himself that Wei Ying had drawn.

Lan Zhan looked at Wei Ying, who was smiling brightly. "Isn't this portrait pretty?" Wei Ying asked.

Lan Zhan nodded, his ears turning red. "You are quite talented at drawing. I've seen the paintings you made in your room too."

Wei Ying blushed at the compliment and said, "Thank you, Lan Zhan." He then glanced at the notes Lan Zhan was writing and remarked, "Your handwriting is quite good, Lan Zhan." Puzzled, he added, "But why are you also writing the rules?"

Lan Zhan paused for a moment and didn't say anything. Wei Ying widened his eyes in shock and moved closer, cupping Lan Zhan's face. "Are you punishing yourself because of me?" he asked.

Lan Zhan nodded and said, "Wei Ying has to suffer because of me. I am not a good mate." His voice was sincere, filled with concern.

Wei Ying's heart warmed at the gesture, and he smiled softly, feeling even more connected to Lan Zhan.

Wei Ying's expression softened, and he shook his head gently. "Lan Zhan, you are a wonderful mate. You don't need to punish yourself for me. Just being with you makes everything better."

Lan Zhan looked into Wei Ying's eyes, feeling reassured by his words. "Thank you, Wei Ying," he said quietly, appreciating the comfort and understanding his mate offered.

They hugged each other, appreciating each other's presence with welcoming hearts. After a moment, they pulled back slightly, gazing into each other's eyes. Slowly, they closed the gap and touched their lips together, sharing a quiet and intimate connection that spoke volumes about their bond..

Lan Zhan pulled Wei Ying closer by his hairs. Securing the connection between them. Wei Ying moaned "anhhah" as Lan Zhan bit his lips and pulled back.

The days passed swiftly with the preparations for his brother's wedding. Despite the busy schedule, Lan Zhan always made time for Wei Ying. They spent cherished moments together, sometimes at the Jingshi or wandering through the bamboo forest. They shared stories about their childhoods and dreams for the future, exchanging hugs and kisses. These moments filled Lan Zhan and Wei Ying with happiness, deepening their bond even further.

************************

Meanwhile now in present, Xui Ching had a heartfelt conversation with his sister Xui Ren about Lan Wangji. He advised her to move on from Wangji, as clinging to her feelings would only harm her mental health.

In response, Xui Ren cried in his arms, expressing how difficult it was to let go of her thoughts about Wangji. She admitted that seeing Wangji with his mate caused her immense pain. Despite her words, she promised to try to move on. Xui Ching hugged his crying sister, showing his concern and support. However, as they embraced, Xui Ren smirked, a gesture unnoticed by her brother.