11. Lotus Festival part 1

Get ready for Wei Ying!
.
.
.
The fragrance of beautiful lotuses permeated the air. Lotus Pier was adorned beautifully. Everyone was greeting each other as their festival began today. Guests in Yunmeng were astonished by the decorations and the beauty of Yunmeng.

The markets were very cheerful, with people happily greeting each other and discussing their five-day program. Among these discussions, the most popular topic was today's competition between cultivators from different clans. They were all excited to see who would win the entire competition and marry Young Master Wei.

As for Wuxian, he was in his room, sitting on the porch and gazing at the view in front of him. He wasn't just looking; he was lost in deep thought. Why did he say yesterday that he would choose the person who wins all the competitions as his mate? Now he was reconsidering that decision. No, he wasn't doubting Wangji's skills. He was well aware of how capable this Alpha was; he just didn't want Lan Zhan to get hurt in this situation.

He knows how cruel a person can become when he is greedy. That's the reason his parents died early. His trail of thoughts was broken by the voice of a Zither. He listened to the soft music which was making his turmoil heart calm. He was enjoying the new music and how every string was making him confident. This soothing music stopped after some time, and he was completely calm and composed.

Wuxian made the decision not to dwell on these things. He believed in his Lan Zhan; he promised not to disappoint him. He stood up to get ready for today's event. He wore his black and blue combination robe, looked at himself in the mirror, and went out lost in thought.

***************

On the training ground of Yunmeng, everyone was present. Jiang Fengmian was sitting in his designated chair as Clan Leader, positioned on the right side of the training ground. To his left, Madam Yu and Yanli were seated, Jin Zixuan and Jiang Cheng was standing just in front of Fengmian.

A total only seven cultivators were on the ground and all was alphas. Other cultivators was not going to participate after yesterday's event. They were well aware that with Lan Zhan present, they stood no chance of winning.

Wangji was standing there, searching everywhere for a male omega. Everyone was present except for Wuxian. Other candidates were also standing nearby. Wen Chao was grinning from ear to ear for god what reasons, and Su Shi was glaring at Wangji.

Su Shi was originally a disciple of the Lan clan, but after leaving or being abandoned by the clan, he formed his own clan named Moling. The Su clan, unlike the Lan clan, was not large but was well known due to Su Shi's betrayal of the Lans. They too wore white robes, and many of their techniques were stolen from the Lans.

Su Shi always harbored grudges against Lan Zhan. Wangji's skills, talents, and silent nature were always recognized, and jealousy drove Su Shi to betray. He sold Cloud Recesses' border secrets to enemies in an attempt to blame Wangji for negligence during night duty. However, his plan failed, leading to his abandonment by the clan.

At that moment, Fengmian stood up and stepped forward to address everyone. There were approximately 100 people from Yunmeng present to witness the event. He said, "Everyone, as you all know, starting today for the next 5 days, our Lotus Festival is taking place. In celebration of this festival, we will be seeking a mate for my Omega son, who will be turning 17 in the next 4 months.

Therefore, these alpha cultivators have come from different clans to demonstrate their potential. According to Wuxian, whoever emerges victorious will become his mate."

He glanced at Madam Yu, who nodded in agreement, and then Fengmian continued, "Today's competition will begin with an archery contest consisting of three rounds, each increasing in difficulty. Those who succeed in these rounds will advance to the next competition, which will test their knowledge.

The final competition remains a secret and will be revealed on the 5th day of our festival. I hope this clarifies everything for you all."

As Fengmian finished his speech, the first round commenced-an archery challenge from a distance of 10 meters. Wangji was the final participant to take his shot, but he wasn't concerned. The only thing on his mind was, 'Where is Wei Ying?' He sighed and waited for his turn.

Each cultivator managed to score at least 80 points. Wen Chao scored 85, which was respectable. Then it was Su Shi's turn; he smirked at Wangji before taking aim. Su Shi impressively scored 90 points. Finally, Wangji stepped up, positioned his aim, took a breath, and fired at the target, scoring an impressive 96. This caused everyone to stand up and applaud for him.

The second round began, focusing on aiming at a moving target-an object placed on a doll that continuously moved from left to right. Only five participants, including Wangji, Wen Chao, Su Shi, and two others, successfully hit the target during this round.

These five contestants advanced to the final round. Fengmian instructed, "In the last round, you will aim at kites in the sky. Show us your best archery skills."

As Fengmian finished speaking, kites floated into the sky, totaling about 40. Suddenly, an arrow shot from a distance, hitting three kites at once. All eyes turned to see Wuxian standing with his bow and arrows. Though his face was hidden, it was evident he was smirking.

"Ready to challenge me?" Wuxian taunted, aiming for his next target. Inspired by Wuxian's display, the others began shooting at the kites. Wen Chao struggled, unable to hit many targets. The other alpha cultivators finished their arrows with disappointment. Su Shi managed to hit six kites.

Wangji observed Wei Ying's impressive performance, deeply impressed by his skills. Without hesitation, Wangji began aiming, hitting 10 kites with 7 arrows.

Wuxian achieved an impressive 15 kite hits with 7 arrows, leaving everyone astonished.

Grinning, Wuxian approached Jiang Cheng & Zixuan, Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes at his brother's talents. Fengmian stood up and addressed the crowd again.

"The results are clear: Wen Chao scored a total of 177 points over three rounds, Su Shi scored 180 points, and Wangji scored 189 points. These three cultivators will proceed to the next competition." The audience clapped and congratulated them.
Wangji and Wuxian locked eyes, the tension between them palpable.

******************

After the competition, everyone left for the lunch hall. Wuxian was walking towards lunch after he changed his clothes. Suddenly, a hand came from the side to hold his hand and pulled him into a corner.

He got scared at first, but after looking at the person's face, he stood silently. Wangji was looking at him continuously without blinking. The stare of this person made Wuxian a blushing mess. Wangji came closer, and Wuxian decided to be mischievous. He said, "Are you going to fight with me, Lan Zhan?" and grinned.

His attempt was successful as he could see the change in Lan Zhan's body language. Wangji was actually lost in the moment from training ground. He was mesmerized by Wei Ying's skills. He also noticed how others were admiring Wei Ying, and there were a few lustful eyes on him.

That's why Wangji's alpha instincts got triggered, and he lost control of himself for the very first time in his life. He just wanted to hold Wei Ying and never let him go. But Wei Ying's question brought him back to his senses.

Wangji said, "No, you are very good at archery." Wei Ying smiled at him and said, "Thank you, Lan Zhan. I practiced a lot since my childhood. Okay, now let's go; everyone is waiting for us. I am so hungry." He pouted.

Wangji didn't want to lose control again, so he agreed, and they left from there.

*****************
.
.
.
.
.
.

This chapter will be in two parts or may be three as it's bit lengthy.
By the way Wei is a strong cultivator even if he his having the omega insticts.

No preview for now this is half part only.