2.The Beautiful Brat

Wei Wuxian.
.
.
In the whole cultivation world, there are different kinds of myths-mysterious, dangerous, grateful, powerful, and miraculous stories. Among these myths, there is one that involves the male omega. Every clan believes that male omegas are rare, and if you have one, you can produce the strongest heir. Not only that, but clans who possess a male omega will live in prosperity, dignity, and with the creator's blessing. There are only a few male omegas left in the cultivation world. It has been 70-80 years since the last male omega was seen, but now, the one who is here is our Wei Wuxian.

*******

On the same day, after the morning announcement, it was now afternoon and the boy was still sleeping in his inner red robes, his expression a cute pout out of habit.

A knock was heard at the door, but the boy continued to sleep peacefully, oblivious to what was happening outside his room. After knocking a few more times, the intruders entered and found their dear brother sleeping soundly on the bed.

"See, Shiji? I told you this brat would never wake up early. He's still sleeping as if nothing is happening," Jiang Cheng said, shaking his head.

Yanli looked at her brother and approached him. She ran her hand through his hair and called out softly, "A'Xian."

"Hmmm, Shiji, give me more soup please," Wuxian said cutely in his sleep.

Yanli smiled and replied, "I will give it to you, but you must wake up first. Otherwise, you won't get a single drop of it," teasing him. "Cheng will finish it before you do."

Upon hearing this threat, Wuxian woke up at the speed of light and exclaimed, "No, no, no! I'm awake! See, see!"

Both Jiang siblings laughed at him and shook their heads. Wuxian was confused by their reaction and felt embarrassed when he realized they were teasing him.

He pouted and said, "Ah, Shiji, why did you tease me? Am I not your beloved brother?"

Seeing his brother's antics, Jiang Cheng said, "Stop behaving like a small child. You're seventeen already. Go get ready; Father has been calling you, and here you are sleeping like dead meat."

Wuxian was about to respond to Cheng, but Yanli interrupted him and urged, "A'Xian, go get ready! Father needs to talk to you."

She smiled at him lovingly, and then both of them left the room, leaving Wuxian alone to ponder the seriousness on Cheng's face. 'Why were they both looking so serious? What does Uncle want to talk to me about?' After a moment of contemplation, he got up to get ready.

******

In the dining room, every family member was present for lunch, and after some time, Wei Ying also joined them. The atmosphere at the dining table was unusually serious. Wuxian could feel the tension in the room. Even as he made his way to the dining area, he noticed many disciples and servants casting glances at him. This was normal for him, being aware of being the only male omega in the clan, or perhaps in the world, but upon entering the room, his suspicions were confirmed.

The usually cheerful dining area felt unusually stressful today.

He looked at his uncle and asked, "Uncle, do you want to tell me something?" All attention turned to the matter at hand. Fengmian looked at Wuxian and said, "A'Xian, I know that you are aware of the challenges of being an omega as you grow older." Wuxian understood where the conversation was headed, so he nodded and looked at his uncle with an understanding smile.

After a brief pause, Fengmian continued, "After discussing with your mother, I have made a decision. This morning, I held a meeting and..." he hesitated, "and announced the proposal for your marriage. Strongest cultivators from every clan will gather here in the next two weeks to present their offerings and demonstrate their bravery. You will choose your mate from among them during this ceremony. I hope you will find your mate during this event."