17. Start of New

Xichen's wedding preparation are starting..
And Wei Ying is in the Gusu..

.
.
.
.

Emotions are what make us all feel alive and distinguish us from objects. We experience various types of emotions such as happiness, sadness, anger, fear, disgust, and surprise. However, Xui Ching finds himself unable to identify exactly what emotion he is feeling right now. With his wedding just one and a half weeks away and his Xichen Ge arriving today to escort everyone from Xui Sect to Cloud Recesses.

Xui Ching's emotions are likely a mixture of anticipation, nervousness, and perhaps even a touch of excitement.

Indeed, Xui Ching is undoubtedly feeling overwhelmed by the multitude of changes and responsibilities ahead. As today marks his last day at home, the reality of leaving behind his familiar surroundings and transitioning to life at Cloud Recesses is sinking in.

Tomorrow's departure signifies the beginning of a new chapter in his life as a member of the Lan Clan, bearing the prestigious title of Lan Furen. While the title may roll off the tongue easily, the weight of its responsibilities and the authority it holds are immense.

It's natural for Xui Ching to feel a mix of excitement, apprehension, and perhaps even a hint of trepidation as he prepares to embrace this new role and all that it entails.

As the afternoon wears on, Xui Ching finds himself unable to muster up an appetite, despite his cousin brother Xui Kai's efforts to encourage him to eat. Despite Xui Kai's concern and attempts to feed him, Xui Ching politely refuses, explaining that he simply doesn't have the appetite.

Sensing the turmoil and emotions swirling within Xui Ching, Xui Kai wisely refrains from pushing the matter further, understanding that sometimes, nourishment for the soul takes precedence over physical sustenance.

As Xui Ching sits in the backyard beneath the comforting shade of a tree, lost in his thoughts, a disciple suddenly comes running towards him, bearing the news of Xichen's arrival. His heart leaps with excitement, and a spark of joy ignites within him at the prospect of seeing his Alpha. Without hesitation, Xui Ching springs to his feet and dashes towards the front gate of their residence, his steps quickening with anticipation.

As he passes through the corridors, his presence captures the attention of those around him, but his focus remains singular: he yearns to catch a glimpse of his Alpha's face. With each step, he feels a sense of reassurance wash over him, knowing that the sight of Xichen will bring a calmness to his mind like nothing else can.

As Xui Ching stands at the door, his eyes eagerly scanning the distance, he witnesses the grand spectacle unfolding before him. Everyone is gathered to welcome their esteemed son-in-law, who sits regally atop his horse, adorned in his finest attire. The air is filled with excitement and anticipation, and Xichen's dignified presence commands the attention of all who behold him.

When their eyes meet for a fleeting moment, a rush of emotions floods through Xui Ching. He feels a mixture of adoration, admiration, and a tinge of nervousness coursing through him. Unable to contain the intensity of his feelings, he instinctively retreats behind the curtain, his heart pounding in his chest. This brief exchange of gazes leaves an indelible impression on Xui Ching, stirring up a whirlwind of emotions within him as he eagerly awaits their reunion.

Xichen entered, and everyone welcomed him. After talking and paying respect to everyone, he was free to rest in his room. He went there, removed his upper robes, and was about to go for a bath when a sudden knock on the door made him stop. He allowed the person to enter. He saw it was his Ching.

His face lit up with joy, and in the next instant, Xui Ching dashed into his embrace, holding him tightly. Reciprocating the affection, Xichen enveloped Xui Ching with fervor. "You've come?" Xui Ching exclaimed. "You're here for me, aren't you, Xichen Ge?"