20. Breakfast

Hope you will like it..
.
.

Starting something new in life always brings a range of emotions: the joy of discovering new experiences, the nervousness of adapting to unfamiliar situations, and the determination to succeed and do things correctly.

That is exactly how Xui Ching, or Lan Ching, felt from the moment he woke up. After spending his first night with his Alpha, he opened his eyes to see Xichen sitting at the table, reading some scripts. It was 6 a.m. when he woke up. Hearing the sound, Xichen turned and saw that Ching was awake and sitting up in bed.

Xichen smiled at him, receiving a charming smile back from his love. He stood and walked over to Ching, sitting in front of him. Ching moved closer as Xichen placed his hands on his cheeks and kissed his forehead.

"I hope my wife slept well last night," Xichen said, moving back a little. "Go freshen up. Everyone is expecting us in the breakfast hall at 7:30 a.m." Ching nodded with a blushing face and left for the washroom, not before giving Xichen a peck on the lips and saying good morning.

When he came out of the washroom, he saw the room was empty. Looking at the table, he noticed a note. He picked it up and read it. Xichen mentioned that he needed to go for some small work but would be back in time so they could go to breakfast together.

Ching dressed in the new clothes Xichen had sent for him, a robe in a white and blue combination. He arranged his hair in a half bun and wore his headpiece.

Today was his first day as Lan Furen, and he didn't want to mess it up

Today was his first day as Lan Furen, and he didn't want to mess it up. He worried about whether people would like him, if he might trip and fall while walking, or if he might say something inappropriate.

Thousands of thoughts were racing through his mind as he sat at the table, sipping his tea. Suddenly, the sound of the door opening grabbed his attention, and his eyes sparkled when he saw his Alpha standing in front of him. He rushed over and hugged Xichen tightly, finding calmness and reassurance in his embrace, preparing himself to face the day ahead.

Xichen sensed the nervousness in the sudden hug, so he pulled away and held him in his arms. "Do not worry, you will do great," he assured Ching, then took something out of his robe.

He gave it to Xui Ching. "A jade pendant, it's beautiful," Ching said, looking at Xichen. "Hmm, all Lan family members have one. This is the pass to enter and exit the Cloud Recesses ward." He pulled Ching closer and continued, "I wanted to give it to you as our wedding gift." He then caressed the mate mark on Ching's neck.

Ching became happy. "Thank you so much, Huan Ge, this is really good. I like it so much." Saying this, both of them went to the breakfast hall. With newfound trust and happiness, Xui walked beside Xichen towards their destination.

***********************

On the other side, Jiang Cheng was struggling to wake up his brother, who was sleeping peacefully on the bed.