34

Aaron's POV:

I did not want to fucking talk to Cassie. The woman was a hypersexual being that jumped on any man that came close to her whether they were in a relationship or not. I went down to the dining room for lunch and I wanted to throw up when I saw my mom and Cassie talk as though they've been besties all their lives. Cassie looked up and smiled at me.
"Aaron! I didn't know you were coming! It's so nice to finally see you!" She said, getting up and walking towards me with her arms open. I screamed in my head and stuck my hand out. She looked at me confused and pushed it away before wrapping her arms around me. I moved away and gave her a stiff smile.
"Such a pleasure to see you too, Cassie," I said, my face almost expressionless.
She laughed.
"I've missed you. Come sit with us."
I glared at my mother before taking my seat at the table.
"Where have you been, Aaron? The last time I saw you was... Three years ago."
When I lost my virginity to her. Major mistake.
"I've been at college. "
My voice was cold but I didn't want to give her any indication that I was interested. She would take even a small smile as a gesture that I wanted to sleep with her.
"Ohh that's interesting." She said.
I wanted to roll my eyes so hard but my mother's glare stopped me from doing so.
She made small talk with me until my father came.
I glared at him too. I could not wait till I could leave. I wish Aurelia was here so it was at least a little tolerable.
"Aaron, The Annual Ball is soon. You need a date. Why don't you take Cassie?"
My nostrils flared as I stared at him.
Cassie smiled and I looked at her.
"Sure. Why not?"
No fucking way I'm giving her even an ounce of attention the entire night.
"Are you done eating, Aaron?" My mother asked.
I nodded.
"Good. Why don't you and Cassie go out for a walk? Talk for a while. Get to know each other."
I took a deep breath to calm myself.
" Okay. "
Cassie got up and so did I. We walked out of the palace and went to the gardens.
" So, Aaron. How have you been? "
" I've been great, Cassandra. What about you? "
I had no reason to be informal with her. What happened with us is in the past.
" I've been good too. "
We walked in silence. I had my hands interlocked together behind my back.
Aurelia called and I picked up almost immediately.
" Hi, my love. " I said.
" Hi, baby. How's your day? "
I glared at Cassandra and walked away from her.
" They're whoring me out. " I whisper yelled.
She laughed.
" Aw. What do you mean? "
"They brought my ex here. They want us to reconnect."
"Aw, baby. It's okay. Talk to her."
"And you're fine with it?"
"Of course not. But I can't slap you when you're a thousand miles away. So, I'll just wait for you to come back home."
Home. She was truly my home.
I laughed.
" I miss you, my love. "
" I miss you too." She sighed.
I felt a tap on my shoulder and I rolled my eyes before turning around.
" So are you going to take me to The Annual Ball? "
" Who's that? " Aurelia asked.
" My ex. Cassandra. "
" Is that your girlfriend? " Cassie asked.
" Yes. "
" Oh. Does she know about the tradition? "
" Have you heard of a certain word called 'privacy', Cassie? "
" Damn. Didn't know you were so sensitive. " She said, walking away.
I sighed.
" Sorry, my love. "
" What tradition? "
" I'll explain when I get back. "
" When are you getting back? "
" One month. "
She groaned.
" Can you come here? "
" I have classes, Aaron. "
" I know. I'll talk to the dean for you. Please. I miss you so much. It's torture being here. "
" I don't know if that's a good idea, baby. "
" Why not? You can come after the ball. That way the media doesn't hound us the entire time we're here. "
" I don't know. Do your parents even want me there? "
They don't. But I can't tell her that. Not yet.
"It doesn't matter what they think, my love."
"I don't know. Listen, I've gotta go now. I'll call once my first class is over. Alright? "
" Okay. I love you, Lia. "
" I love you too, baby. " She said and hung up.
God, I missed her so much.

The Annual Ball is today and I have been nothing but annoyed the entire day.
Cassie was grabbing my arm like a child. And I was forced to meet practically the entire country. Kings, Queens, Princes, and Princesses from all over the world are here today. I had never attended the ball since I was always at boarding school but this was an overwhelming experience. I wish Aurelia was here with me so I would at least have a familiar face I liked around me.