˚˖𓍢ִ໋🦢˚ chap.10

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
sunset dances.. and kisses

the rest of the school week went by almost like a breeze; calm and a bit quick.

after school, i walk through the enchanted forest with my dance shoes in hand, ready to spend the rest of my night on the lake. i step inside the willow tree, and change into my dance shoes. when i stand, i do a twirl and stretch my arms.

oh, how i love this feeling.

for a while, all i do is dance, and listen to the ambience of the forest. 

then i hear footsteps and ruffle of leaves. i stop dancing, and turn toward the source of the noise.

then all of a sudden, i love the feeling of being out here even more. dante steps through the hanging leaves.

"i knew i'd find you here,"

i huff out a laugh, stepping off the water. "i'm starting to think you come here to bother me on purpose."

dante places a hand over his heart, and playfully acts hurt. "you wound me, princess. to think i come here to bother you,"

princess. i try to fight the blush rising up my ears. dante leans in and smirks. "do i?"

"..do you what?"

"bother you?"

no.

but i knew the look on his face all too well. he was teasing me.

i narrow my eyes at him. "yes."

dante straightens, still smirking. the gorgeous blue shimmer in his eyes tell me all i need to know. he knew i was lying.

"are you sure?" he takes a tantalizing step closer.

"..yes."

dante takes another step. my heartrate elevates. he was so close. "you hesitated."

i look away. "you're such a pain,"

dante tilts his head to meet my eyes. then gently cups my cheek to guide my gaze back to his. "yeah," he whispers, smiling. "but i'm your pain, princess."

my pain.

 oh. it finally clicks.

dante liked me.

the son of king charming liked me, the daughter of the black swan.

dante chuckled. "did you finally figure it out?" his thumb caresses the skin of my cheek. 

"you like me," i whisper. dante hums, nodding. 

"for a long time, too."

"but.."

"but what?" he asks. his eyes tell me that he already knows what i'm going to say.

royals and rebels don't mix, y/n. duchess' words replay in my mind like a broken record.

"i don't care," he says. "that you're a rebel, that is." 

"others will."

"when have i ever cared what they think?" he chuckles. dante puts his free hand around my waist, and holds my hand with his other. 

for the first time in a long time, i didn't know what to say. dante, of course, notices it.

"what was it you told me the other day? when you found me beside the lake waiting for you."

i think back, then smile. "there's nothing like a good dance to help you find your words."

"there it is," dante smiles. "i hope you remember your steps, princess."

"i'm a dancer at heart, mister." i tell him. "there's no way i'd forget a dance. especially one you taught me."

"that's my girl," his eyes shimmered again. my girl. oh, he was going to be the death of me.

we spend what feels like hours dancing together. dante doesn't take his eyes off of me as we spin and twirl in time with the music in our heads. when we slow to a stop, dante removes his hand from my waist, and places it back on my cheek. 

"can i kiss you?"

with a slow breath, i answer, "yes."

within the next second, dante's soft lips are on mine, locked in a sweet kiss. and oh my fairy godmother, i loved it. his hands move back to my waist. mine cup his jaw. his height gives him an advantage, but i wasn't complaining at all.

because damn, he was a really good kisser.

we break away moments later. i immediately miss the feeling.

i can't even form a full sentence. dante chuckles, then gives me that signature smile, and that only makes my heart flutter more. 

"is it bad that i already want to kiss you again?"

"not at all,"

he kisses me again, and somehow it's better than the last.

i'm royally screwed when it comes to him.