˚˖𓍢ִ໋🦢˚ chap.4

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
the day ever after

it was the day after legacy day. and let's just say that things weren't the best between the royals and the rebels.

when i entered the castleteria, things were.. tense to say the least. i got my lunch and sat with maddie, and the others.

"raven totally ruined legacy day, if you ask me," daring said. cerise turned. "hey, raven wants to write her own happily ever after, not be told what to do by the royals."

i shrugged, somewhat in agreement. it's not the royals' fault, per se, it's just that some of us don't want to be burdened by our fairytale endings.

"oh, please," briar stood, her hands on her hips. "we all saw what happened at legacy day."

briar explained what happened from the royal perspective.

i turn, then stand to face my friend. "briar, sweetie, i think you might have your feathers in a bunch if that's how you remember legacy day," i tell her.

maddie stands, taking a spot next to me. "i will tell you how it happened,"

she then went on to explain how she thought legacy day went down.

i shook my head and sat down. this wasn't going to end well.

"are you mad? that did not happen." dexter argued.

before anyone else could reply, hunter spoke. "uh, i know the mature way to handle this. let's just ignore them."

finally something i can agree with.

"fine!"

just as everyone turned away from one another, i swear i caught a glimpse as kitty cheshire up on the mezzanine. if i knew anything about kitty, whatever she was planning couldn't be too good.

she threw a few fries at briar. then at maddie and cerise.

"oh, it is on like fairy song!" cerise yelled.

a full on food fight broke out in the castleteria.

i wasn't risking getting my feathers dirty, so i took my chance and slipped out of there. luckily, without getting hit by any flying food.

i exhaled in relief.

my free period was right after lunch, so i decided to used my free time and go to the enchanted lake. i haven't really gotten to dance too much this week outside of my dance class.

i ran into raven and apple on my way to get my dance shoes.

"hi, y/n!" apple greets with a sweet smile. raven does the same.

"hey guys," i began to continue walking, but not with a quick warning. "be careful going into the castleteria." i call to them. "it's a mess in there."

i leave them with my warning and make my way to my dorm.

once inside, i open the trunk at the foot of my bed and grabbed my ballet shoes. they were black with gradient lilac ribbons that laced up my calves just like my regular shoes. a silver and violet crystal charm was nestled in the vamp of each shoe.

i put them on.

i'll always love the feeling i get when i put on my pointe shoes. i stand and smile, doing a pirouette with a happy sigh. dancing always felt so enchanting, like i was in a real life dream. and i was.

i open the doors to the room's balcony, overlooking the forest. it would be a lot faster if i flew, so i switched to my swan form and took off.

other than the slightly embarrassing honking bit, there were actually a lot of perks to having swan magic.

within the next few minutes, i was in the enchanted forest. i landed in the little river leading into the lake. while gliding on the water, i saw something i didn't think i'd ever see out here.

or rather, someone.

what was dante charming doing in the enchanted forest?

despite by better judgement, i get curious and swim toward him.

he was just.. sitting there. i tilted my head to the side. i changed form. "dante? what are you doing here?"

he straightens and faces me. upon seeing my face, his lips curl into a smile. "what? a prince can't come clear his head?"

i smirked and placed a hand on my hip. "assuming you needed to clear it at all," i joke, doing a pirouette on the water. "i know you, dante. what are you really out here for?"

he hums, giving me that soft look that's always fluttered my feathers. "would you be mad if i said i was looking for you?"

heat spreads around my ears. "..looking for me?"

he stands, humming. "i know you love to dance here, so this is the first place i thought to look."

he remembered.

i blinked, trying to ignore incessant flutter in my heart. a sweet smile graces my lips. "..really?"

dante nods, fiddling with the strand of baby blue in his brown hair. "i just.." he was finding his words. it was.. cute. "wanted to talk."

"about what?"

he opened his mouth to say something, then shut it. "well, uh.." he stammered over his words. i suppressed a small laugh. he clearly didn't think this through very well.

"c'mon," i say, taking his hands, and pulling him toward the water. "there's nothing like a good dance to help you find your words."

his expression scrunched into one of confusion. "but don't you dance on the water..?"

"yes," i say. "but i learned a new bit of swan magic that might help with that."

"but-"

i deadpanned. "step onto the water before i change my mind."

"okay." he say quickly, doing as i say. my magic works the way its meant to, and he stands on the water with me. but it only stays that way as long as i'm touching him. "you don't know ballet, do you?" i ask him.

he shakes his head. "nope." he pauses. "i do know how to waltz, though."

i hum. "that would be fine, but i don't know how to waltz."

"well," he begins, giving me that enchanting smile of his. "maybe we could teach each other a thing or two."

dante's hands shift in my own. they were soft, but a little calloused, the evidence of sword training. i liked the feeling. a lot.

"maybe." i say softly, smiling.

maybe he wasn't such a royal pain after all.