˚˖𓍢ִ໋🦢˚ chap.9

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
briar's study party

a few hours later, we're sitting in professor rumpelstiltskin's class, trying to answer his impossible questions.

and to make matters worse, he announces that there's going to be a test tomorrow.

i'm sitting in between raven and briar. 

briar wakes up with a startled gasp upon hearing the professor's cackle.

"you heard correctly, raven queen," he laughs.

apple stands, raising her hand. "um, professor rumpelstiltskin? this is totally unfair,"

"right!" i stand too. "you can't test us on chapters 1 through 34,"

"we've only studied up to chapter two!" dexter finishes. dante was sitting behind me. "that isn't right,"

"i cannot tell a lie, and well," cedar begins, "that's just not very nice." she crosses her arms.

all the professor does is laugh.

i didn't like this guy. not one bit.

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"you guys don't know about professor rumpelstiltskin?" blondie asks. 

me, raven, cedar, dante, hunter, daring, apple, ashlynn, and dexter sit in briar's dorm listen to blondie, trying to cram in a study session before this big test.

"at the beginning of each year, he gives an insanely test," she explains. "his students have to ask for extra credit. which is just spinning straw into gold for him."

there's absolutely no way that this swan was getting stuck with manual labor. especially not for that guy. 

"the test is tomorrow morning!" cedar sputtered. "i'm totally getting stress splinters," 

i rub cedar's arm to try and comfort her a little.

"well, i could tutor you guys," briar offers. "i've been studying on my own, like, forever after."

"yes, please." i slump in my seat.

"royally cool!" ashlynn sighs in relief.

briar yawns. that can't be good.

"let's start with the basic elements.." and now she's asleep. i should've see that coming.

apple pokes her. briar doesn't budge.

"if we can't wake up briar, we're totally gonna fail the test." cedar says.

"what can we do?" dante asks.

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

hunter and dexter try slamming loud books by her ears. it doesn't work.

daring flashes the light from his teeth. doesn't work. briar's pink sunglasses fall onto her face.

blondie gets a hologram of a bear to roar at briar. even that doesn't wake her up.

in one last attempt, i shift into a swan, and land on briar, hopping on her a few times. it doesn't work. 

before i can fly off, dante gently scoops me up. i barely resist the urge to honk.

"you would've hit the chandelier," he says, pointing up. i look up. he was right.

i settle in his touch for the slightest moment before i fly to my seat beside raven. i shift back into a human. "thanks." i say.

"no problem," he smiles.

but the problem still remains. how were we going to wake up briar?

"man," dexter starts. "if only she took studying as seriously as partying,"

i straighten. "that's it!" i turn to raven, who obviously has the same thought in her mind. raven picks a speaker from one of briar's shelves, and plays some upbeat music.

briar wakes up.

she lifts her glasses off of her face. "hey, guys. what's up?"

"you, finally." i laugh.

"but now you have to stay awake and help us." raven says.

"well," briar stands. "there's one thing i'm always up for: a study party!"

we cheer, and get to studying. but, not without having some fun.

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"time is up!" professor rumpelstiltskin says. "let's see how you failed,"

our scrolls are up and out of sight, appearing before our teacher. "y/n swan.. an a. dante charming.. an a. raven queen.. an a. apple white.. an a. cedar wood, a!" he continues to give out a's. serves him right.

"never underestimate the power of a study party," briar gives a smile that i gladly return. we share a high five, and laugh as our professor angrily yells at the amount of a's he's giving out.