˚˖𓍢ִ໋🦢˚ chap.7

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
maddie-in-chief

raven, maddie, and i were watching blondie's blog live on my mirror pad just outside of the school. we were sitting on the steps.

"everyone at school is buzzing about the royal student council elections," blondie says. "but there's only one choice for president. she's running unopposed, again. apple white!"

apple steps into the frame, waving.

"blondie, just because i don't have an opponent doesn't mean i'm not going to work my crown off." she says. "i'll use my debate time to outline my plan for royal dances, royal fundraisers, royal canned food drives.."

the list goes on.

"royal bleh, and royal blah," raven laughs. "and royal na-na-na,"

i chuckled. "it would be nice if someone else-" 

"i'll do it," maddie stands. "i will run against apple for president."

"uh.. what now?"

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

the next day, maddie already had a basket of pins made for her campaign. raven and i help her pass them out.

"hats over crowns, vote for maddie!"

dexter walks up to us.

"hey, raven, uh.."

maddie pops up and sticks a pin to his shirt. 

"ow!" he yells, the shifts, regaining his composure. "i mean ow-boy. thanks so much for that pin ah.."

poor dexter. i knew that had to hurt.

i manage to give out a few more pins when i feel a soft tap on my shoulder. when i turn around, i'm met with dante charming's cornflower blue eyes.

he smiles, and all it does is send my heartbeat over the edge. despite it, i stay as graceful as a swan.

"dante," i greet, fighting a smile.

"y/n," he says my name like he always has, but something about it now just makes my heart flutter.

"you voting for maddie?" i ask, holding a pin. "yep." he takes the pin, his hand just barely brushing over mine.

"apple's had a long run, but i think some things need to change."

i hum. i wasn't expecting that.

"yeah," is all i can manage to say. 

jeez, what was going on with me?

"charm you later?" he asks, beginning to walk off.

"uh, yeah." 

"cool." dante smiles back at me before walking away. 

when i turn around, raven and maddie both give me a look. "what?" i ask. they both smirk. "what?!"

"y/n.." raven starts. i already don't like where this is going.

"please don't ask what i think you're going to ask."

raven laughs. "okay."

we begin to head to the charmitorium for the debate. but the question i know raven was going to ask looms over my thoughts.

could i like dante charming?

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"so here we go, fellow fairytales! the ever after high royal student council debate," blondie announces. "first question goes to apple white. why would anyone not vote for you?"

"let me just say, i will preside over this school like my future kingdom," she says. "perfectly." the royals cheer. i sat in the front in between raven and cedar.

"and maddie, my question to you is why would you run against apple? are you-" blondie laughs. "mad?"

"why yes, thank you for noticing." maddie replies. "if the squirrel eats acorns but never a steak, how much water fills up the lake?"

blondie blinks, and the rebels cheer, including myself. sure, i didn't know what that meant, but i'm all for maddie winning. 

ashlynn stands, putting her hands on her hips, "excuse me?"

cedar and hunter stand too. "you heard us!"

"apple's been president long enough,"

"maddie's.. mad!" dexter says.

the charmitorium breaks out in an argument, royals v rebels. it's not like i didn't see it coming, but damn, did they have to fight so much?

maddie slams her fist on her podium. "quiet!" she yells. silence falls over the crowd.

"i have a tea-riffic idea," she smiles.

in the end, apple and maddie decide to be co-presidents of the student council. an outcome both royals and rebels could agree on.