˚˖𓍢ִ໋🦢˚ chap.5

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
chats with duchess

i couldn't seem to stop thinking about what happened during free period. 

it's not like i've never been with dante before, but, this? this felt different. 

which was a first.

and i liked it.

dancing with dante was truly enchanting. even if both of our steps and styles were all over the place.

a smile graced my lips as i opened my locker. i grabbed my mirror pad, then shut my locker. i turned, honking in surprise upon the sudden appearance of my cousin. i almost dropped my mirror pad because of it!

"duchess!" 

my cousin twirled around me, looking beautiful as always. "y/n," she begins. "i couldn't help but notice you're in your dance shoes," she says, a smirk graces her dark pink tinted lips. duchess does an arabesque. 

i shrugged. "..so?"

she was in her dance shoes all the time. i don't see why she would confront me about something like this. unless she was only doing it to spite me, which definitely wouldn't be a first for her.

"so," she drags out the word as she spins around me again. "i was simply wondering about something."

i raised my eyebrow at her. "which would be?"

"well, a little birdie told me you're thinking of not signing the storybook of legends."

there it is.

she sounded happy about it. which made sense, but i could tell that's not all she was here for.

"duchess-"

"ah, ah, ah." she cuts me off. "i wasn't done, little cousin." she scolds, using that teasing baby voice she's used to annoy me ever since we were little swans.

i was literally only a week younger than her.

 "i also happened to notice one other thing," she tilts her head, and her smirk turns tantalizing. "dante charming on your side of the enchanted lake."

i narrow my eyes at her. how did she even know about that?

"what's wrong with that, duchess?" i groan. "a prince can't come clear his head?"

i hadn't even realized that i'd repeated dante's exact words to me. 

"i never said he couldn't." duchess says. "i'm just forewarning you."

i cross my arms. "about what, duchess?"

duchess stands on her tip toes. "royals and rebels don't mix, y/n." her tone was just as tantalizing as her smirk.

she doesn't give me a chance to respond before walking off. i roll my eyes and groan, walking in the opposite direction. for the white swan slash princess of the story, she didn't exactly act the part all the time.

but.. her words did bare some truth.

royals and rebels weren't supposed to mix.

the feeling in my chest betrayed the thoughts in my head. and it wouldn't be the first time, despite my better judgement.

dante was a royal, some lucky princess' prince charming.

i was a rebel, destined to ruin the white swan's happily ever after.

we were polar opposites.

i groan again, shaking the thought from my head. dante has gotten on my nerves forever after.  i shouldn't care so much. i didn't know why i cared so much.

but now that i think about it, when dante isn't teasing or vexing me, he's actually pretty sweet. and charming.

i turned a corner, and there he was.

i hold back a soft laugh. that's been happening a lot recently; him showing up after i finish thinking about him.

he turns, almost as if he sensed my presence. he smiled, then waved at me. i do the same, watching as he turns away and goes into his heroics 101 class.

speaking of which, i needed to get to princessology. which i didn't know why i needed to take, but it's whatever after, i guess.

but not without changing my shoes first.