˚˖𓍢ִ໋🦢˚ chap.1

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚🦢⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
first day back

i took one last look at my reflection in the lake just to make sure i still looked okay. i mean, who'd want their new outfit to get ruined before the first day of the school year? definitely not this swan.

i was wearing a lace up lilac corset with black and dark lavender embroidery. the skirt of the dress matched. i also wore black lace sleeves with a little ruffle at ends. the same lace lined the bodice and end of the skirt. the collar of the sleeves were decorated with a violet ribbon (a gift from raven) and my favorite swan shaped brooch was set on top of it.

duchess and i had matching ones. i had the white swan while duchess has the black one.

my shoes were black with purple laces that wrapped comfortably around my calves. the heels themselves were silver and shaped like swans.

my hair was still up in its high ponytail, showing off a few small chunks of white hair, all being held together by another violet ribbon. my earrings were shaped like swan wings. a matching ring was settled on my finger.

i was ready.

"let's get this over with."

i followed raven and maddie out of the enchanted forest and into town. and before we even knew it, we were standing in front of the stairs leading into ever after high.

maddie stopped. "would you two stop fighting?" she blurted. "peas and crackers." she caught up to me and raven.

"um.. who are you talking to?" raven asked.

"why, the narrators!" she said like it was the simplest answer in ever after. "oh, you two can't hear them. only i can."

"okay?"

maddie looked up to the sky and giggled. she's such a cutie.

"can i talk now?" raven asked. maddie hummed and nodded her head.

"it's just.." rae sighed. i knew where this was going. "i'm sick of everyone thinking i'm so 'evil' because my mom was. it's not fair!" she used her magic and transported her trunk to her room, i'm guessing.

i felt for raven. i had doubts about my destiny too. i don't want to be known through my so called destiny. and as much as duchess gets on my nerves, i love her, and i don't want to be the one to ruin the happily ever after she wants so badly.

but, alas, that isn't how our story goes.

"raven," my tone was soft, but firm. she turned towards me, her arms still crossed. "even if others think you're 'evil', there's a few good people who think the opposite." i took her hand in mine, and rested my head on her shoulder. "like maddie and i."

raven rested her head on mine. "yeah.."

it was maddie's turn to place a hand on rae's shoulder. "no one thinks you're evil." she chimed with a soft chuckle. "now you're just talking crazy." she made a quick noise that got a quick laugh out of raven.