𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕 in the moment

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions and depictions of suicide, not as graphic as before

𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Bakugo woke up with a gasp, eyes flying open as if snapping awake from a nightmare. They met the sight of the tiled ceiling as an abrupt scent of antiseptic reached his nose. He could hardly process the heart monitor announcing the rhythm of his heart before the sharp pain struck his midsection and he sprung to a sitting position to clutch himself.

Catching his breath, he was able to observe the room better from this position. It was an obnoxiously white room, a single chair beside his bed and a window on the far wall There was an annoyingly white blanket wrapped around his body, drawing his attention to the IV stuck in his bandage arm... arms.

He observed his body that was tucked away in a hospital shirt and pants, hiding all the bandages under the silky smooth clothing.

Everything came flooding back all at once, causing him to freeze.

Midoriya nearly being stabbed, the feeling of being impaled, the blur of his argument with Iida, and the fact he didn't see Asumi again except for...

He was still an angry menace as they were loaded into ambulances, refusing the straps on the stretchers. He was not someone who needed to be laid and strapped down, even with his foggy head from all the blood loss.

That and he demanded for them to find Asumi who had disappeared on the battlefield. By the time he had realized, the fight was coming to an end, but upon realizing, he gave everyone hell to figure out where she wandered off.

The best-case scenario was that her ditzy self trailed off in a daydream, but he couldn't convince himself to think of a scenario as such after the way her hands violently shook as she held his gaping wound. She wouldn't disappear from his side after that so–

Amidst the paramedic's efforts to push him down, he stopped his struggle as he saw a flash of indigo and leaned around the man to get a better look.

Unlike himself, there was no struggle as they wheeled her into an ambulance, working together to lift it that was almost like raising her on a podium for him to get a better look. A mask was pressed over her mouth, the edges beginning to coat in red as he spotted the red covering the left side of her face and down her neck. It stained her hair to the side of her head, indicating she had been lying down for some time.

He didn't know how she got that way, but he wasn't able to react longer than his initial shock because he wasn't conscious for very long after that.

But now he was wide awake, and Bakugo began to get up despite the ripping feeling in his midsection. He had to see where she was, how she got like that, who did that to her, and most of all, if she was okay.