𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐕. do you believe me 𝒏𝒐𝒘?

𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰?

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰?

Betrayal, disbelief, and isolation were all themes Asumi Amaijki was familiar with.

As a little girl, fresh with fresh memories of death and blood on her hands, no one believed her about the new soul attached to her own. She had unwillingly allowed it to be poorly stitched to her own, and it was stuck. The only thing controlling the soul was the conditions that came from it.

It was much like a heart, each sharing a half.

One half beat with life.

The other half remained frozen in time.

With blood on her hands, she painted dreams that she could not have. Daydreams dimmed the nightmares that burdened her mind, regardless if it was at the expense of painting in crimson for the sake of getting at least a glimpse of a dream. She passed the time, losing track of herself in reality as a result. Whatever it took to forget, left in isolation as those around her who failed to heed her warnings or acknowledge the blood on her hands, leaving the child in an isolation chamber much like white padded walls within her own mind.

Then she got to UA where she met a boy with vermillion eyes and bomb-like blond hair.

He had acknowledged her paintings, brought them to life, and interlocked his fingers with her own even if blood smeared between the two.

When the second half of the stitched heart thawed, taking over the other because of an outside force resuscitation. It didn't matter if the heart had not beat in a long time, it borrowed someone else's to fulfill the request.

She fulfilled it whether or not she wanted to or not, a child bound to her guardian's hand as she was dragged through a store, or rather a chain bound to her body being dragged by a stranger.

The moment she was released from her isolation chamber, strings around her limbs like a puppet and making her–them do unspeakable things.

Society wore blinders, failing to see the strings of a girl with no free will, instead just throwing stones for actions. They scream as she drowns in the deafness of her forced actions, met with disbelief and hostility.

Asumi had always feared the worst, predicting the outcome, and she tried so hard to warn them, but now there was no one left to warn them as she was not herself.

The worst was upon them, a bigger plot stringing her along, and they were left with Yume who became who she was. She borrowed her body, reasons left unknown.

Yume was a mystery.

People were afraid of the unknown, especially when they were capable of so much harm.

But inwardly, she regretted even thinking... Do you believe me now?

The truth was out now, and silence was met by those who doubted her words. They couldn't even admit it to her face if she wanted. She no longer could hear, settling into the haunting reminder of silence within her trapped mind.