Chapter 12

Kayori west
Miami,fl

Kayori aimlessly scrolled through her phone while laying in her cozy bed, soaking in the warmth of the morning sunlight

Kayori aimlessly scrolled through her phone while laying in her cozy bed, soaking in the warmth of the morning sunlight. It was 9 o'clock, and she was pleasantly surprised to see Kazmir's name pop up on her screen, requesting a video call. Although it was unusual for him to call her so early, she couldn't resist the opportunity to hear the voice of her favorite person.

When the video call started, Kayori's face appeared on the screen, Kazmir gave a nod, and the inmates and officers held up a giant poster with a message
"Will you be my girlfriend, Kayori?" question. Spelled out in all her favorite songs and had her favorite color But then, they started removin' letters and words, revealin' a hidden message underneath: "BE MINE , KAYORI?'

Kayori's face lit up with a smile. "Yes I'll be your girlfriend !"

"she said yes finally, G! Now we can put this shit down, my arms is hurtin' like a mug ", JDubb exclaimed, relieved, as he dropped his arms to his sides.

The inmates in the room erupted in laughter and cheers, hyped that the poster had done its job. Kazmir chuckled, shakin' his head " thank you everybody for helping with the poster I appreciate it "

JDubb grinned, rubbin' his arms, "Ain't shit , We had to make sure Kayori knew you was all about her. We put our hearts and souls into this poster, and it paid off. She said yes, cuz!"

" Of course I said yes , that's my baby "

" oh so I'm your baby "

" been my baby , stop playing "

" you better stop talking like that before I put a baby up in you "

" KAZMIR! Really you have no filter...I can't believe everybody went all out to do that though even had the officers too , thank yall so much & thanks to my baby too "

" you're welcome, kayori "they all said in unison

" when you gon come see me again ma ? i miss you pretty girl"

" soon baby i just been getting alot of clients lately but im thinking next week "

" wear that perfume you was wearing when you came the first time "

" aye sis , he said you was smelling so good he wanted to take a bite out you " Jdubb told her she busted out laughing

" nigga shut the fuck up you talk too much "

" don't yell at my in-law like that , we'll jump you "

" y'all just met like 10 minutes ago and now you talking about a damn in-law get the fuck out my face "

" stop with all that cussing "

" sorry mama , what you doing though?"

" laying here talking to you, i really loved the poster baby that was so creative & sweet and you actually pay attention you knew all my favorite songs "

"  im glad you like it mama Jdubb thought about the poster shit i really didn't want to ask you over the phone and shit  I Perfer taking you on a date and doing shit like that , and of course i pay attention i know mostly everything about you girl

"Baby its okay it was still cute , we can do all that stuff when you get out "

" i hear you mama "

As always, the operator lady got on the line and told them it was one minute remaining, and Kayori started getting sad. She always felt a pang of sadness when their calls were about to end, but this one was different. He was in prison, and the fact that he had done all that, it just showed that if he could , he would

" Give me kiss before I go baby "

Kayori kissed the screen " talk to you later papa "

T H A N K Y O U F O R R E A D I N G💕