𝟏𝟔

─── ⋆⋅ ♰ ⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅ ♰ ⋅⋆ ───

The next morning

arrived with a golden sunrise painting the sky in warm hues. You made your way to the kitchen, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filling the air as you prepared your favorite breakfast.

The clinking of utensils and the sizzling sounds of cooking were a comforting backdrop to your morning routine.

Taking a seat at the dining table, you savored each bite of your meal, enjoying the peaceful moment. Meanwhile, Yuji remained sprawled on the couch, sleeping soundly, his soft snores barely audible over the background noise.

"Well, someone's had a good night's sleep," you mused aloud, a small smile tugging at your lips as you glanced over at the slumbering Yuji. "You must have been really tired, huh?"

Finishing your breakfast, you donned your usual uniform, meticulously brushing off the stray dog hairs that clung to the fabric. Satisfied with your appearance, you walked over to Yuji, gently shaking his shoulder.

"Rise and shine, Yuji. We've got a busy day ahead," you said, your voice a mix of cheerfulness and urgency.

"Come on, let's get moving," you urged, taking his hand and leading him outside. The crisp morning air greeted you both as you stepped out, the world slowly coming to life with the sounds of birds chirping and leaves rustling in the breeze.

"It's a beautiful morning, don't you think?" you remarked, glancing at Yuji.

As you walked, the sight of familiar faces caught your attention. Panda, Maki, Megumi, and Nobara were all kneeling on the ground, their heads separated from their bodies. The sight was jarring, a grim reminder of the sacrifices made.

"Panda, Maki, Megumi, Nobara... they are all your followers," you began, your voice heavy with emotion.

"They and I had differences in faith, but they put their lives on the line and fought to protect you. They have all been waiting for this, the day of resurre-"

Before you could finish, your vision was abruptly blurred with a flash of purple. Pain shot through you as you found yourself on the ground, disoriented. Beside you, Yuji looked less alive than ever, his eyes glazed over.

A figure approached, his white hair unmistakable. Gojo Satoru, with his infamous purple hollow hand sign facing you, walked towards you with a cold, determined look.

"You never learn, do you?" he remarked, his tone almost bored as he fired without hesitation.

It didn't take long for your body to begin regenerating, the searing pain giving way to a dull ache as your flesh knit itself back together.