𝟏𝟏

─── ⋆⋅ ♰ ⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅ ♰ ⋅⋆ ───

Sukuna simply left with a scoff

while you made your leave, your mind already focused on the next move.

"Sukuna sure knows how to make an exit," you remarked dryly, leaving the place.

Sure, Megumi was in danger, but your only goal was to talk to Sukuna, so your job here was done.

After a while, you received a phone call. "Megumi? What happened?" you inquired, your voice laced with concern.

On the other end of the line, you heard trembling. "Itadori's dead," Megumi's voice shook with grief and disbelief.

"Ah, really now? Where are you guys at? I'll pick you up," you offered, already mentally mapping out the quickest route to their location.

⋆⋅ ♰ ⋅⋆

Arriving at the scene, you found Yuji lying in a puddle of blood, and a heavily injured Megumi nearby.

"Well, this is a lovely welcome party."

"You know, I really tried my best saving you, so I went inside, but Sukuna locked me in there..." you lied smoothly, your words aimed to comfort Megumi, who seemed to buy into your fabricated tale.

With that, you embraced Megumi, offering a sense of solace amidst the chaos. However, your thoughts betrayed your actions. You couldn't shake the feeling that Sukuna would be the one to end Megumi's life, not the other way around.

Even with Itadori's death weighing heavily on your mind, you knew that the king of curses wouldn't back down so easily.

⋆⋅ ♰ ⋅⋆

"Meet me at the basement of the training area. It's important!!!" Gojo's urgent message echoed in your mind. Now, here you were, looking at the supposedly 'dead boy' who stood before you, alive and well.

"So you're... alive?" you asked, your voice tinged with disbelief.

"Yup! Never felt better," Yuji responded with a thumbs up, his demeanor surprisingly upbeat considering the recent events.

"Was it Sukuna who revived you?" you pressed, your curiosity piqued by the mysterious circumstances surrounding Yuji's resurrection.

"Uh, I think so..." Yuji's uncertainty only fueled your suspicions, and you couldn't help but wonder what Sukuna's true motives were.